BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Philando Castile Murder

07-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #23
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcloudix View Post
I totally understand what you are saying and where you are coming from but you are missing the even bigger picture. Our culture is the way it is due to systematic and blatant oppression. In a majority sense, we are not given the same chance or opportunities as our counterparts. We also receive no real tangible help given our situations. And No, I am not talking about government assistance with no feedback or follow up. There is white on white...asian on asian...hispanic on hispanic crime everywhere but we are the mascots because of how history painted us. False history at that.

Another thing.... when a black man shoots a black man...he is thrown under the jail. But in situations like this....the officer becomes rich (go fundme and a hero). So please...stop using black on black crime as an excuse. We know it exists and its a problem but we also pay for those mistakes. These rogue self entitled officers DO NOT.
We (blacks) are a large, and probably the most critical, factor in this current situation. Once we begin to respect ourselves, the rest will follow.

I do my best to carry myself with the most positive intentions and mannerisms when interacting with folks of any caliber, no matter the skin color. The impressions you make on others are lasting, and stereotypes can be broken.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #24
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Feel like I am watching a non-fiction movie. A docu-drama perhaps.
      07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #25
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Feel like I am watching a non-fiction movie. A docu-drama perhaps.
your apathy contributes to the problem ()
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #26
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Oh hell... I may as well say something. Everyone looks for easy answers. It's the cops' fault. It's society's fault. It is institutionalized racism. Fuck people, there aren't easy answers. Fixing the problem starts with an honest conversation. Not "Fuck the police". Not "Black people are more prone to violence." Not "Kill whitey." Al Sharpton. Jesse Jackson. (Cannot think of names of their white counterparts - maybe David Duke... or those wackos in Montana...) THOSE folks are not going to have those conversations. Until we have nuanced conversations that make us uncomfortable, but don't descend into ad hominem attacks and name calling and us vs. them mentality... we won't make real progress. We will just do this - shout into the void or into an echo-chamber.

Edit: Oh, Grimmy.... I am very interested in fixing the problem... just not in pissing into the wind in a group-think circle jerk.
      07-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #27
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #28
MR92
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I see you are vying to be the next Darwinian candidate. Good job. Perhaps your decision to shuffle off this mortal coil will even make the news.
And I see your from the "center of the universe" so your comment automatically means nothing to me. Im sure you grew up with everything you asked for from mommy and daddy. Probably one of these types of cops, which is basically 9 out of 10 of them. You got your ass kicked all through school, couldn't get any pussy, sucked at every sport you played, and now you have to take out this bent up rage on others because there different than you? And Im still looking for your solution I didn't see that anywhere in your wannabe shakespeare garbage post
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #29
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR92 View Post
And I see your from the "center of the universe" so your comment automatically means nothing to me. Im sure you grew up with everything you asked for from mommy and daddy. Probably one of these types of cops, which is basically 9 out of 10 of them. You got your ass kicked all through school, couldn't get any pussy, sucked at every sport you played, and now you have to take out this bent up rage on others because there different than you? And Im still looking for your solution I didn't see that anywhere in your wannabe shakespeare garbage post
I think this sort of open-minded, carefully considered approach to the dialog is just what the doctor ordered to make meaningful change.

Overcoming prejudice with prejudice! Excellent strategy.
      07-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #30
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think this sort of open-minded, carefully considered approach to the dialog is just what the doctor ordered to make meaningful change.

Overcoming prejudice with prejudice! Excellent strategy.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #31
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Your well-thought-out theory to eliminate or reduce crimes against innocent Black civilians is to encourage these individuals to shoot back at police officers?

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #32
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Your well-thought-out theory to eliminate or reduce crimes against innocent Black civilians is to encourage these individuals to shoot back at police officers?

Wait... smoosh We missed the absolute genius of the plan. If they start shooting, they are no longer innocent and their death is justified. There is some hidden brilliance at work here. Immediate reduction in the number of innocent folks killed - because they are no longer innocent.

07-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #33
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
E-thuggin it from the middle of nowhere. Nice. The only place where your dog can run away from you and you can still see it running away after four days.

Indeed I did get beaten up a few times, chose to wait till marriage for sex, and sucked at every sport I tried. Very perceptive individual you are thus far. Unfortunately, all this happened and yet I did not acquire this "bent up rage" you appear to have for me. Thus there is nothing for me to take out on others.

My start to a solution is at the bottom of page 1. There is no "solution", rather probably a number of approaches are required. Mine is just one of the many.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 03:15 PM   #34
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
E-thuggin it from the middle of nowhere. Nice. The only place where your dog can run away from you and you can still see it running away after four days.

Indeed I did get beaten up a few times, chose to wait till marriage for sex, and sucked at every sport I tried. Very perceptive individual you are thus far. Unfortunately, all this happened and yet I did not acquire this "bent up rage" you appear to have for me. Thus there is nothing for me to take out on others.

My start to a solution is at the bottom of page 1. There is no "solution", rather probably a number of approaches are required. Mine is just one of the many.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #35
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Lol I'm glad this didn't happen in my thread.

Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #36
nholmes
Track Whore
United_States
Rep
Drives: women wild

My question is why didn't Philando Castile tell the officers immediately that he had a CCW when he was pulled over, so they wouldn't lose their shit?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #37
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nholmes
My question is why didn't Philando Castile tell the officers immediately that he had a CCW when he was pulled over, so they wouldn't lose their shit?
That's still cloudy, since the main physical information we have is the cell phone video after he'd already been shot.

I'm sure more details will emerge, shortly.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #38
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
That's still cloudy, since the main physical information we have is the cell phone video after he'd already been shot.

I'm sure more details will emerge, shortly.
If not, we'll just make them up. Hell, we'll make some up even if they do emerge!

07-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #39
nholmes
Track Whore
United_States
Rep
Drives: women wild

Quote:
If not, we'll just make them up. Hell, we'll make some up even if they do emerge!

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #40
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nholmes View Post
I thought he did.

Key here though is that our only account comes from the gf and her video and what you see transpires only after the shooting so we don't know for sure what caused the officer to shoot.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #41
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Pitchforks are so expensive for as little as I actually use them, gotta get the usage in when I can.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #42
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who knew Saskatchewan harbored such e-thugs.

Give me a break internet hardass, be sure to let us know how your social justice movement of shooting cops goes.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 04:33 PM   #43
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Yeah, why do we have a duplicate topic thread going? Never understand that.
      07-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #44
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens
Quote:
Yeah, why do we have a duplicate topic thread going? Never understand that.
Well, to be fair my thread solely specified the Baton Rouge incident and the MN one was a separate post in it. I also don't think OP posted in my thread.

Appreciate 0