BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Just when we thought things were settled

05-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #23
eflatminor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
That's the thing, no matter who you support for president - the executive branch does not write the laws. Congress does, so even if we were able to find a fiscally responsible candidate - could he get anything done with the corruption rampant in the house?
Good point, though increasingly, Congress is NOT writing the laws. They're being "written" by executive fiat and even more so by bureaucracies writing rules that have the effect of law. I recall reading we add some 80,000+ pages of new laws and rules to the federal registry every year. Congress created many of the monstrous bureaucracies and gave them the power to in effect make law. Cowards!

The President could terminate many bureaucracies and undo executive actions that his predecessors created without specific Congressional approval. That would be a start.

Not holding my breath on that one...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #24
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

PJinCA are you Independent, or non-partisan/decline to state? I'mthe latter, because I want ot make a decision based on each candidate, not what some party tells me.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #25
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
PJinCA are you Independent, or non-partisan/decline to state? I'mthe latter, because I want ot make a decision based on each candidate, not what some party tells me.
I am, and probably always will be, a staunch independent. There are things I am liberal about (reproductive rights, freedom FROM religion, clean water and air), and things I am conservative about (crime, fiscal stupidity in congress). Both parties are full of shit, even when you agree with them, I doubt they even believe the crap that comes out of their mouths. Behind closed doors they probably just discuss how much they've gotten paid and laugh at all the rubes that still think they are like minded
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #26
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
I am, and probably always will be, a staunch independent.
AIP? http://www.independentamericanparty.org/

Or just a person who thinks independently and has a reasonable IQ/thought process. I used to think when I registered Independent, it meant the latter, but I found out I was wrong and now register as Decline to State. Sometimes one of the major parties will let me choose their ballot to vote in a primary.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 11:41 AM   #27
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
AIP? http://www.independentamericanparty.org/

Or just a person who thinks independently and has a reasonable IQ/thought process. I used to think when I registered Independent, it meant the latter, but I found out I was wrong and now register as Decline to State. Sometimes one of the major parties will let me choose their ballot to vote in a primary.
Correct, my registration says the same "decline to state" which means I get a LOT more mail than I like.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #28
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I am, and probably always will be, a staunch independent. There are things I am liberal about (reproductive rights, freedom FROM religion, clean water and air), and things I am conservative about (crime, fiscal stupidity in congress). Both parties are full of shit, even when you agree with them, I doubt they even believe the crap that comes out of their mouths. Behind closed doors they probably just discuss how much they've gotten paid and laugh at all the rubes that still think they are like minded
Both 100% true.
Appreciate 0