BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Tow Truck Driver Abandons Bernie Sanders Supporter

05-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #45
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
Thank you, I was not a Capt, just an enlisted puke
SSGT, but I enjoyed my time, even the crappy parts. My cousin was a Marine.

I didn't agree with everything Bush Sr did or believed, but in respect to Desert Storm, he did what a leader should and former officer should. He got the job done as quickly and easily as he could, while allowing for minimal loss of life on our side. That is what a CIC should do.
We learned the failings from 2003 on, what happens when someone commits to war without having a clue as to how to wage war.
Hat tip to your service.

Reading your posts and the need for a POTUS with military experience made me wonder about your thoughts on Ash Carter.
      05-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #46
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Hat tip to your service.

Reading your posts and the need for a POTUS with military experience made me wonder about your thoughts on Ash Carter.
He's a scholar, not a soldier, so not really keen on him. As under secretary of defense for acquisition and academic could be useful. However, as a Sec of Defense? Not so much.
Personally, especially in the current election cycle, a ticket including Colin Powell would be great. Sadly, he is much to reasonable to be attracted to either candidate running.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #47
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He's a scholar, not a soldier, so not really keen on him. As under secretary of defense for acquisition and academic could be useful. However, as a Sec of Defense? Not so much.
Personally, especially in the current election cycle, a ticket including Colin Powell would be great. Sadly, he is much to reasonable to be attracted to either candidate running.
His appointment made zero sense to me from any angle I viewed it from. Zero. Nada. Zip.
Colin was a mans man with integrity and a smooth silence about him. I do miss him.

Professor from Harvard...still scratching my head.

Thanks for your reply.
Out.
      05-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #48
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
His appointment made zero sense to me from any angle I viewed it from. Zero. Nada. Zip.
Colin was a mans man with integrity and a smooth silence about him. I do miss him.

Professor from Harvard...still scratching my head.

Thanks for your reply.
Out.
LOL, the beauty of being a staunch independent, you don't have to agree with either party (and frequently don't). I agree that the appointment doesn't make sense, to be in charge of the military you should absolutely have experience leading soldiers. Academics and scientists are good at what they do, but the military is about men as much as logistics, so you need to understand how the military works and the value of those men, not just as resources, but as men and women. Parents across the country entrust their children to the military to serve our country, the least they should get in return is leadership that views them as valuable and won't wantonly waste their lives and won;t put them in danger unless absolutely necessary for the safety of the country.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #49
Built4Sin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d Sport

Garage List
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
Quote:
LOL, well he seemed to be implying that the poor terrified tow truck driver mistook the disabled woman who had just been involved in an accident for a mob of angry Bernie supporters who may just riot and destroy his precious tow truck. Yeah, it takes a really "special" mind to make that leap
He, by me? Where did I state anything about the tow truck driver? I could careless about that guy and whatever he thinks he stands for. I merely took one comment from a thread and thought to myself "isn't that calling the Kettle black". As for your comment, I guess hearing it firsthand you wanted to try it out. Did it have the effect you hoped for?

The oddity about either sides protesters Trump or Bernie, is that you have one group literally tearing cities up and blocking another groups supporters. To me it just looks odd seeing people crying and screaming about peace, bla bla bla as they're attacking others.

As for Trump being racist... Well you can hold whatever blanket you want, but illegals of any kind are not a race, Muslims are not a race, we can keep going here.

So what exactly is racist about what he is saying. Are criminals not bad? Criminals do not have a race. Borders in most other countries of the world are actually enforced. Do you remember the hikers that accidentally stumbled into Iran? Do you know what a passport is and whats its for? Take a 5 minute excursion on google and look up the laws in a few of the Middle Eastern countries, do you agree with Muslims leaving their faith being executed? These are pretty rhetorical questions of which you're obviously agreeing with as you read them.

If you want I can break out the Microsoft Paint and draw you some pictures so you can follow along. The reason you don't like Trump (from what I gather) is that you don't understand the world from whats explained to you on whatever news channel you watch (or don't, that would make more sense).

This isn't to say Trump is the greatest contestant, but in a race with a documented pathological liar, a senator who's been in politics for 30 years with nothing accomplished (hell take a look at Paul Ryan if you're unsure of what having a platform is and where it can get you), Trump is new blood of which hasn't been seen in a while. So he's really more spectacle than savior at this point. Nobody is sure, but I'm sure he would be better than Bernie.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #50
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built4Sin View Post
He, by me? Where did I state anything about the tow truck driver? I could careless about that guy and whatever he thinks he stands for. I merely took one comment from a thread and thought to myself "isn't that calling the Kettle black". As for your comment, I guess hearing it firsthand you wanted to try it out. Did it have the effect you hoped for?

The oddity about either sides protesters Trump or Bernie, is that you have one group literally tearing cities up and blocking another groups supporters. To me it just looks odd seeing people crying and screaming about peace, bla bla bla as they're attacking others.

As for Trump being racist... Well you can hold whatever blanket you want, but illegals of any kind are not a race, Muslims are not a race, we can keep going here.

So what exactly is racist about what he is saying. Are criminals not bad? Criminals do not have a race. Borders in most other countries of the world are actually enforced. Do you remember the hikers that accidentally stumbled into Iran? Do you know what a passport is and whats its for? Take a 5 minute excursion on google and look up the laws in a few of the Middle Eastern countries, do you agree with Muslims leaving their faith being executed? These are pretty rhetorical questions of which you're obviously agreeing with as you read them.

If you want I can break out the Microsoft Paint and draw you some pictures so you can follow along. The reason you don't like Trump (from what I gather) is that you don't understand the world from whats explained to you on whatever news channel you watch (or don't, that would make more sense).

This isn't to say Trump is the greatest contestant, but in a race with a documented pathological liar, a senator who's been in politics for 30 years with nothing accomplished (hell take a look at Paul Ryan if you're unsure of what having a platform is and where it can get you), Trump is new blood of which hasn't been seen in a while. So he's really more spectacle than savior at this point. Nobody is sure, but I'm sure he would be better than Bernie.
I don't think he's racist, I think people are just irked that he does pander to racists, bigots, Islamaphobes, etc since....someone's gotta get those votes.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #51
Built4Sin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Please point out where I rationalized anything those protestors did. Oh that's right, you can't, because I didn't.

My point was that a large amount of Trump supporters show time and time again that they are ignorant, intolerant, bigoted, and racist.
I ran off your wording that Trump supporters are somehow worse than what you see from the other camps. Nobody is doing what the Democratic circles are doing at other rallies. Yep, not rioting and blocking others. Its crazy.

And sweet selection of the buzzwords; totally getting verified with those.

Ignorant, like not hearing a message and then relaying it in the same context?

Intolerant, like not letting others get access to something because "YOU" don't like it?

Bigoted, because "YOU" don't like hearing about America rebuilding itself?

Racist, because it sounds good? Nobody questions the world racist.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #52
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

As for Trump being racist, that's the dumbest most ignorant left argument out there. To prove it, show me a single example........ crickets.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #53
Built4Sin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I don't think he's racist, I think people are just irked that he does pander to racists, bigots, Islamaphobes, etc since....someone's gotta get those votes.
Where are these people that everyone seems to keep talking about like they're the majority and somehow there should be a terror level associated with them?

Do we not have a minority president? In the 8 years he's been in office has there been strikes in his name? Burning buildings? Crosses?

Nope.

Just another day in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #54
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where are these people that everyone seems to keep talking about like they're the majority and somehow there should be a terror level associated with them?

Do we not have a minority president? In the 8 years he's been in office has there been strikes in his name? Burning buildings? Crosses?

Nope.

Just another day in the USA.
You're right, racism is dead. I've never been profiled before. Thank goodness I have white people telling me it's not an issue anymore!

I've dealt with racist people, don't think they're the majority or that there should be a terror level associated with them, just think racist people who are proud of their prejudices (because let's be honest, we all have our inherent prejudices, most of us just aren't THAT prejudice nor do we go around and publicly tout about how proud you are about it) are people I'd rather not associate with or speak to.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 04:24 PM   #55
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:

So we're now hoping to tailor our border policy on Iran's? Trump's supporters regularly attack protesters who have done nothing more than stand there, and Trump encourages that.
In terms of "understanding the world", have you ever left this country? Or are you the typical ignorant moron who just shouts about "American exceptionalism" or some such drivel?
Just for clarification, we are #1 in military spending and that's about it.
Education - 14th
Healthcare - 37th
Quality of life - 4th
Happiness - 14th

What we need is someone to come along with real plans to address these issues, not someone who blows smoke up the ass of the "poorly educated" he loves so much, saying he's going "to make America great again!!!".
Hint: Threatening to use nuclear weapons is not "great", it's the pinnacle of idiocy.

We can definitely agree that this election cycle presented the worst possible array of shitty candidates I have ever seen in my lifetime.
Appreciate 2
      05-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #56
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
I ran off your wording that Trump supporters are somehow worse than what you see from the other camps. Nobody is doing what the Democratic circles are doing at other rallies. Yep, not rioting and blocking others. Its crazy.

And sweet selection of the buzzwords; totally getting verified with those.

Ignorant, like not hearing a message and then relaying it in the same context?

Intolerant, like not letting others get access to something because "YOU" don't like it?

Bigoted, because "YOU" don't like hearing about America rebuilding itself?

Racist, because it sounds good? Nobody questions the world racist.
What Democrat circles?

The people getting assaulted at Trump rallies are simply the wrong color in most cases. The Black Lives Matter group has protested Bernie, and Hillary. And as far as the protests by Mexican-Americans in Cali, they don't like Trump because he insults them left and right. I don't see them making this a Democrat/Republican thing. It's a Trump thing. He's the common denominator in all of this. Too bad you refuse to see this.

Kinda funny you disagree with my description of some Trump supporters, when people on both sides of the political spectrum, Dems and GOP see the same thing. I guess you think you know it all though, just like Drumpf
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #57
Built4Sin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
Quote:
You're right, racism is dead. I've never been profiled before. Thank goodness I have white people telling me it's not an issue anymore!
Well good news, its going to keep happening your WHOLE LIFE for different reasons.

I get profiled alot and you know what I do about it? I realize that's how the world works and I move on.

In other news, anyone seen this? I'm not too old at 32 but I had no idea the level that Clinton is capable of.

Warning this might require an extended attention level. (Its worth it.)

[u2b]
[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #58
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Can we all just agree the tow truck driver is a douche? Period.

And that disabled car with disabled driver needed a tow.

And the driver could probably have used the exercise, but was disabled due to maybe obesity?

Again, in another thread, I announced I'm not a Trump supporter. But, I am a card carrying Republican. I honestly DO NOT know whom to vote for. I literally hate just about everyone. I hate Sanders the least. I don't want to get into it. It's too personal and no one is ever truly willing to consider other political views.

I tried to have an intelligent banter with what appears to be a staunch Trump supporter and he was literally repeating the same thing incessantly and not willing to break issues down beyond regurgitating what is conveniently disseminated in media.

People often have trouble separating emotions from subjective analysis when it comes to political commentary. This is by design. The politicians purposely take polarizing stances on sensitive issues - broadly across different walks of life - enough to strike a chord with just about everyone. I'm guilty of this as well.

Ok y'all have a great weekend. This WAS a kinda funny (at the expense of sadness brought on by this ignorant tow mater) thread. Now it's just dumb.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #59
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I've dealt with racist people, don't think they're the majority or that there should be a terror level associated with them, just think racist people who are proud of their prejudices (because let's be honest, we all have our inherent prejudices, most of us just aren't THAT prejudice nor do we go around and publicly tout about how proud you are about it) are people I'd rather not associate with or speak to.
Omg. Right? How fucking ignorant is it for someone to imply racism no longer exists? Holy shit.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #60
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well good news, its going to keep happening your WHOLE LIFE for different reasons.

I get profiled alot and you know what I do about it? I realize that's how the world works and I move on.
What's that have to do with anything? I realize that, I also realize I don't have to LIKE those people nor do I like people who pander to them.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #61
Built4Sin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
Quote:
So we're now hoping to tailor our border policy on Iran's? Trump's supporters regularly attack protesters who have done nothing more than stand there, and Trump encourages that.
In terms of "understanding the world", have you ever left this country? Or are you the typical ignorant moron who just shouts about "American exceptionalism" or some such drivel?
Just for clarification, we are #1 in military spending and that's about it.
Education - 14th
Healthcare - 37th
Quality of life - 4th
Happiness - 14th

What we need is someone to come along with real plans to address these issues, not someone who blows smoke up the ass of the "poorly educated" he loves so much, saying he's going "to make America great again!!!".
Hint: Threatening to use nuclear weapons is not "great", it's the pinnacle of idiocy.

We can definitely agree that this election cycle presented the worst possible array of shitty candidates I have ever seen in my lifetime.
You know after submitted my comment, I read your user name. Then I thought about it for a split second. I'm here at Hurlburt Field, and I know you have probably been to some of the worldly places I've been, and if not you'll probably see them in the next few years.

I didn't say we should take another countries border policies, especially Iran. I merely pointed out like I'm sure your aware of that a good chunk of the world will actually execute you if you foray into their lands illegally.

Now, with our world rankings. Well that's exactly the point I believe needs to be taken care of. Trump is saying what other presidents did; build up the country so that we can go outside and help others.

Right now at this point in time, America is failing itself much like Rome before it fell. Our infrastructure is collapsing, education failing and health is in a downward death spiral. How could we fix this in our current state? One of the easier fixes would be to reel back foreign support payments. Its a huge mess and you can't just slow them, but I'm sure it can be done. (Not Isolationist Style)

You mean threatening nukes like Russia, Iran, North Korea? Either way, I didn't hear that, and I'm sure it was taken out of context. (I check the news a few times a day. I don't DVR it and let it consume my life)

Last edited by Built4Sin; 05-06-2016 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #62
Built4Sin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Omg. Right? How fucking ignorant is it for someone to imply racism no longer exists? Holy shit.
OMFG you're right! That's exactly what I said! Wait, no its not; what I actually eluded to is that people throw that out about things that aren't exactly racist and hope it grabs attention.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #63
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

In other news, anyone seen this? I'm not too old at 32 but I had no idea the level that Clinton is capable of.

Warning this might require an extended attention level. (Its worth it.)

[u2b]
[/u2b]
No clintonitesheeplette will watch more than 5 seconds of that before fingers are inserted into ears and blah-blah-blah is repeated at a loud volume. Like 5 to 7ish volume.
Glance at hillary poster...ahh...I love you. Back to sheep status.

Did melania trump in fact have cosmetic surgery gets air time. Wee!
      05-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #64
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OMFG you're right! That's exactly what I said! Wait, no its not; what I actually eluded to is that people throw that out about things that aren't exactly racist and hope it grabs attention.
Ok so do you agree that racism exists? And it's only the veneer of PC that creates a comfort zone for everyone in this country to coexist?

I mean, we are BY FAR less racist than, say, UK. Whom still refer to Indians as "Pakys" and Chinese food as "Chinky". Yes.

I actually believe the US is a lot more tolerant and sensitive about LGBT than race.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #65
Built4Sin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Ok so do you agree that racism exists? And it's only the veneer of PC that creates a comfort zone for everyone in this country to coexist?

I mean, we are BY FAR less racist than, say, UK. Whom still refer to Indians as "Pakys" and Chinese food as "Chinky". Yes.

I actually believe the US is a lot more tolerant and sensitive about LGBT than race.
Do you really want to know the secret I've come to understand and one maybe someday you will?

Every citizen of the world doesn't like another citizen for whatever reason under god. I merely take note and either interact with them or I do not. I do not care to speculate what it would be like if the world was a perfect version of itself, which we will never see.

Take it easy thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #66
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you really want to know the secret I've come to understand and one maybe someday you will?

Every citizen of the world doesn't like another citizen for whatever reason under god. I merely take note and either interact with them or I do not. I do not care to speculate what it would be like if the world was a perfect version of itself, which we will never see.

Take it easy thread.
^this is not a secret. I had actually established this in another thread. But I did ask a rather straightforward question, but you chose to answer it in an indirect, somewhat condescending manner.

Moving on.
Appreciate 0