BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Tow Truck Driver Abandons Bernie Sanders Supporter

05-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #23
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built4Sin View Post
You're right, I keep seeing them blocking the democrat rallies and general rioting. Or last weeks destruction; you might have seen the clip with people breaking the windows out of a cop car and then stomping on its roof.

Wait. That's right those were ANTI-Trump protesters.

Keep rationalizing that what those people are doing, because its for a cause... Yeah.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...428-story.html
Please point out where I rationalized anything those protestors did. Oh that's right, you can't, because I didn't.

My point was that a large amount of Trump supporters show time and time again that they are ignorant, intolerant, bigoted, and racist.
Appreciate 2
      05-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #24
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
I love how they says shes disabled. She has Crohns and Arthritis. Both are fairly common, granted Crohns not as common, but its hardly something to claim disability for imo.

While I do not condone what he did, I'd love to see what the Media's take would have been had it been a Bernie Supporting Tow Truck Driver refusing to help a Trump Supporter. Im willing to put good money down that it wouldnt get near the amount of air time, and would be spun in a way to make the Trump supporter out to be a bad guy.

Everyone needs to stop falling for the Media's agenda of turning us against ourselves. C'mon sheeple.
What stands out to me is that behavior like this seems to come predominantly from Trump supporters, which in my eyes is a reflection of the candidate. You don't see any other candidate spreading racist/bigoted views, or encouraging violence against his opposition, and then saying he'll foot the legal bill.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #25
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Please point out where I rationalized anything those protestors did. Oh that's right, you can't, because I didn't.

My point was that a large amount of Trump supporters show time and time again that they are ignorant, intolerant, bigoted, and racist.
^this is evidenced even on BP. Firsthand experience.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #26
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
What stands out to me is that behavior like this seems to come predominantly from Trump supporters, which in my eyes is a reflection of the candidate. You don't see any other candidate spreading racist/bigoted views, or encouraging violence against his opposition, and then saying he'll foot the legal bill.
Because that's what your eyes and ears are tuned to. If you're convinced obama, hillary, bush, bush, sharpton and just about every breathing American, Canadian, Brit, German, Australian... .... ... ... is not carrying bigoted and racist thoughts then I feel for your naiveté.
      05-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #27
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Because that's what your eyes and ears are tuned to. If you're convinced obama, hillary, bush, bush, sharpton and just about every breathing American, Canadian, Brit, German, Australian... .... ... ... is not carrying bigoted and racist thoughts then I feel for your naiveté.
It's what my eyes see and my ears hear. I don't see or hear Obama, Hilary, Romney, Bush, Carson, etc trying to ban all Muslims, calling Mexicans rapists, encouraging violence against minorities at their rallies. Who knows what thoughts are in their head, but I do know what I hear coming from Trump's mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #28
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Everyone is fuckin racist to some degree. For real. But it's more a matter of whether you CHOOSE to let that racism drive your life decisions and how you carry yourself.

The ignorant ones are the folks whom let their racism dictate who he/she is and is "proud" of the fact he/she is prejudiced.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #29
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's what my eyes see and my ears hear. I don't see or hear Obama, Hilary, Romney, Bush, Carson, etc trying to ban all Muslims, calling Mexicans rapists, encouraging violence against minorities at their rallies. Who knows what thoughts are in their head, but I do know what I hear coming from Trump's mouth.
Didn't say ban all Muslims. Spun. Ban until proper vetting.
Didn't call all Mexicans rapists. Spun. Hard data showing violent crimes against ILLEGAL Mexicans.
Encouraged violence against protesting minorities?
Get them out, purple, green, black, white or brown, good for him. He did say rough em up a little...shit happens when you act like a moron asking for trouble and paid by the opposition to do it.

You can look at him as Atilla if you please and those you like as Saints. Whatever makes you comfortable.

Im not a trump hat wearing guy but the fact that he's throwing PC down the drain where it belongs is refreshing.
      05-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #30
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Didn't say ban all Muslims. Spun. Ban until proper vetting. Fact.
Didn't call Mexicans rapists. Spun. Hard data showing violent crimes against ILLEGAL Mexicans. Fact.
Encouraged violence against protesting minorities?
Get them out, purple, green, black, white or brown, good for him. He did say rough em up a little...shit happens when you act like a moron asking for trouble and paid by the opposition to do it.

You can look at him as Atilla if you please and those you like as Saints. Whatever makes you comfortable.
Keep spinning it yourself to justify the garbage that comes out of his mouth.

I'm going off of what I've heard him say, you can call it spun all you want but his own words say all that needs to be said
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #31
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Keep spinning it yourself to justify the garbage that comes out of his mouth.

I'm going off of what I've heard him say, you can call it spun all you want but his own words say all that needs to be said
I never justified anything. I accept the past and move forward to the best of my abilities. At this point in time I have what appears to be two choices. Well, the other choice will not get as much as a head nod from me.

He's rough, learning to be better I hope, and she is nauseating and crooked. I dont like crooked.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and happy mothers day.
      05-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #32
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built4Sin View Post
You're right, I keep seeing them blocking the democrat rallies and general rioting. Or last weeks destruction; you might have seen the clip with people breaking the windows out of a cop car and then stomping on its roof.

Wait. That's right those were ANTI-Trump protesters.

Keep rationalizing that what those people are doing, because its for a cause... Yeah.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...428-story.html
You have to be a special kind of stupid to compare those protests of a racist, and backed by racists, taint barnacle of a candidate with not picking up a disabled woman.
If you want to compare violence, let's compare what happened in Costa Mesa vs what happens at every college campus when their team wins - oh but you won;t want to do that, because those are "white kids letting off steam", right?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/t...rts-tradition/

I don't see a lot of black or brown faces there, must be "media bias"
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #33
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
You have to be a special kind of stupid to compare those protests of a racist, and backed by racists, taint barnacle of a candidate with not picking up a disabled woman.
If you want to compare violence, let's compare what happened in Costa Mesa vs what happens at every college campus when their team wins - oh but you won;t want to do that, because those are "white kids letting off steam", right?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/t...rts-tradition/

I don't see a lot of black or brown faces there, must be "media bias"
Special kind of stupid. I like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #34
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Special kind of stupid. I like that.
LOL, well he seemed to be implying that the poor terrified tow truck driver mistook the disabled woman who had just been involved in an accident for a mob of angry Bernie supporters who may just riot and destroy his precious tow truck. Yeah, it takes a really "special" mind to make that leap
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #35
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL, well he seemed to be implying that the poor terrified tow truck driver mistook the disabled woman who had just been involved in an accident for a mob of angry Bernie supporters who may just riot and destroy his precious tow truck. Yeah, it takes a really "special" mind to make that leap
That tow truck driver is just a piece of shit. Period. Anyone who tries to defend his point of view is either:

1. Just like him
2. A troll
3. A special kind of stupid
4. Him

Disagree?
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #36
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That tow truck driver is just a piece of shit. Period. Anyone who tries to defend his point of view is either:

1. Just like him
2. A troll
3. A special kind of stupid
4. Him

Disagree?
Very much agree. Same as any sentence that begins with: "God told me to......." is complete and total bullshit. Same with any sporting event where an athlete says something idiotic like "I'd like to thank God for this victory" - really? You're a boxer, do you REALLY think God gives a shit that you were able to beat the hell out of someone for a paycheck? Really?
Appreciate 2
      05-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #37
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Very much agree. Same as any sentence that begins with: "God told me to......." is complete and total bullshit. Same with any sporting event where an athlete says something idiotic like "I'd like to thank God for this victory" - really? You're a boxer, do you REALLY think God gives a shit that you were able to beat the hell out of someone for a paycheck? Really?
Yeah man... People got it totally wrong.

Man, how can people be SO uneducated? SO uncultured?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #38
bmwperson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

It's (still) a free country.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive 6spd loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #39
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Btw, seeing your title....how do you feel about a Commander-in-Chief without ANY military experience? It bothers me.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #40
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwperson View Post
It's (still) a free country.
For now......

Kidding, but yeah he didn't do anything illegal, he was just being an asshole. In just looking at the video, the two parties involved are exactly how I imagined them,

Good ol South.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #41
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Btw, seeing your title....how do you feel about a Commander-in-Chief without ANY military experience? It bothers me.
It does bother me as well, having led teams I know - my responsibilities were as follows:
1) Accomplish the mission
2) Do so while bringing all of my team members home safely

I don't see how someone who has not led in combat can truly effectively be a CIC. However, the last President we had who had military experience was George Bush Sr, and he was criticized at the time for NOT going after Saddam then. I understood, the objective was to remove Saddam from Kuwait, he did that and left. That is when our military works best, clear objectives and the freedom to do what's necessary to accomplish it. He did it with minimal loss of life and then brought our boys home. As a combat veteran, that's leadership to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #42
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

He didn't tow her cuz she smelled like sweaty swampass and cheese.

Edit: what REALLY happened
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #43
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It does bother me as well, having led teams I know - my responsibilities were as follows:
1) Accomplish the mission
2) Do so while bringing all of my team members home safely

I don't see how someone who has not led in combat can truly effectively be a CIC. However, the last President we had who had military experience was George Bush Sr, and he was criticized at the time for NOT going after Saddam then. I understood, the objective was to remove Saddam from Kuwait, he did that and left. That is when our military works best, clear objectives and the freedom to do what's necessary to accomplish it. He did it with minimal loss of life and then brought our boys home. As a combat veteran, that's leadership to me.
I respect the military and veterans. My cousin was a Captain in the Army, an MP, and served in ME.

I miss Bush Sr, actually. A lot.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #44
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I respect the military and veterans. My cousin was a Captain in the Army, an MP, and served in ME.

I miss Bush Sr, actually. A lot.
Thank you, I was not a Capt, just an enlisted puke
SSGT, but I enjoyed my time, even the crappy parts. My cousin was a Marine.

I didn't agree with everything Bush Sr did or believed, but in respect to Desert Storm, he did what a leader should and former officer should. He got the job done as quickly and easily as he could, while allowing for minimal loss of life on our side. That is what a CIC should do.
We learned the failings from 2003 on, what happens when someone commits to war without having a clue as to how to wage war.
Appreciate 1