BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Racing Extinction

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #67
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10577
Rep
22,952
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Aliens need lovin too
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #68
StatenEye
This is actually me below \/
StatenEye's Avatar
United_States
393
Rep
2,660
Posts

Drives: X5M F85
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SI NY

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [4.50]
2008 BMW E60 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The probes are just to check our battery potential?
Human yields are measured in dollars and cents rather than voltage and ampers, but for the fun of it the analogy would be; middle class have tested low voltage, high amperes but with low ohms, upper class tested with high voltage, very low amperes and exceedingly high ohms, lastly the lower class was not tested but given a stipend to sustain segregation.
__________________
...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #69
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9589
Rep
8,236
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Human yields are measured in dollars and cents rather than voltage and ampers, but for the fun of it the analogy would be; middle class have tested low voltage, high amperes but with low ohms, upper class tested with high voltage, very low amperes and exceedingly high ohms, lastly the lower class was not tested but given a stipend to sustain segregation.
Aliens don't use dollars/cents. . .
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #70
StatenEye
This is actually me below \/
StatenEye's Avatar
United_States
393
Rep
2,660
Posts

Drives: X5M F85
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SI NY

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [4.50]
2008 BMW E60 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Aliens don't use dollars/cents. . .
Cultivated by advertisers and harvested by corporations, our experience with the entertainment industry is nothing but one long advertisement. I try to limit my sons exposure to Disney movies or commercials but i know this will still not save his psyche. He still wants to see minions and what not, gave in a little and now hes obsessed. I cannot consider myself completely Epicurean as i have a strong desire for material objects but I hope to devalue material pleasures for my son and nephews. Advertising makes this almost impossible. Crazy how the word has taken on an total opposite meaning in culture. Epicurean in philosophical terms would mean to be happier with natural occurrence while in modern culture it idealizes the finer material things in life. Ultimate manipulation.

https://www.psychologistworld.com/in...liminalads.php
http://mashable.com/2011/12/26/histo.../#LH6nDKoWOiqQ
__________________
...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #71
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
852
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Our military is smallest it's then now since pre ww1. It's designed to be able to fight in two places at once.
That's hilarious. We don't NEED a gigantic standing army because we have expensive gadgets, the best electronic warfare capability worldwide by far and an intelligence apparatus second to none. We can also fight in more than two places at once lolol.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #72
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
23308
Rep
9,749
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Says the alien overlord who set it in motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Sorry we need to farm humans soon
Soylent Green is people.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #73
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
6991
Rep
14,174
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
I got your point, you talk about climate change being an intrinsic feature of the earth and say there is no good evidence to support man having an effect on the climate. This isn't a subject I know anything about so I didn't address it. If you go back to my original post about fixed beliefs you'll see I didn't support one argument or the other and instead suggested that trying to convince someone who's picked a spot on either side of the fence is a waste of time.
No, my point was that the debt is far more impacting to our children than globalwarmingclimatechange; the children we have now, not the ones we'll have 100 years from now.
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #74
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
6991
Rep
14,174
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Great points on spending but to drive home my point of we indeed do not abide by capitalism: the reason we are in debt is bc we have a major trade deficit and our gdp is down significantly. In the past, we would borrow but cover the interest and make money on top of that. Now we no longer produce, we import and if we do increase purchasing power, China owns our money. The 1 percent that makes and HOLDS 70% percent of the money in this country are still doing fine, they gave this country away and the middle class pay through interest charges on the the inflated real estate market, taxes and other vehicles of credit debt including education. The TRUE reason the credit market failed is becuse the assets of sale were far over valued and produced No financial yeild for the buyers. Citizens that paid mortgages in tuition are going into a fruitless employment market while being riddled with debt. The difference between the rich and middle class is greater than it has ever been.

This structure of capitalism only "works" because the middle class is giving risk free investments and return to the 1%. In return, they condemned the middle class to loans that far out weigh the rate of return. As one of the previous posters said, this is a bastardized mutation of democracy and capitalism. Once Borrowing, - not earning - of the middle class ceased and they starting defaulting on loans sold by banks that made a loan shark look like Jesus Himself, the economy fell apart. No one was paying the ARMs, they were jumping from house to a more expensive house swapping one note for a larger note. House prices were driven by demand but they were paid for by credit and covered by sales of other over inflated homes. No one purchased a home with cash earned via trade other than the trade of credit debt, how can that be considered capitalism when the consumer is fully leveraged and equipped with phantom purchasing power? The middle class can no longer earn wages in the job market fairly, how are they expected to pay the over inflated tuition bills? I don't really think we can call an economy that allows the credit markets to get to the point that it's at capitalism.

The government indeed controls the credit market via rates and we therefore cannot consider an economy, based on debt, capitalist. Lastly, once the govt stepped in to aid the banks Capitalism ceased to be by definition.

We should start a new thread for this. USA - Capitalism and Democracy
So we are getting somewhere now. I really like this post. I can't argue with it too much other than to say wealthy people will always control an economy of any nation, that is just how a natural economy works. The Wealthy make most of their money by selling it (loans). They will sell it anyway they can, and you can't blame them for it. However, the best way to take a wealthy person's money is to have him invest it to create commerce (i.e. jobs). And this is the point you make, the commerce equation is broken. The left-leaning politicians at first broke the equation starting 50 years ago. The right-leaning politicians have joined the party in the recent last 15 years or so. The middle class is left in the dust because the 1% are not enticed to invest in America. The stewards of corporate America (not the 1%) have lost their way and are selling out our once great companies on their names. It is sad. These CEO's don't understand how wealth is created.

Hillary doesn't speak to this; she speaks to the opposite in fact. Trump does speak to it, and I think he gets it. I do know that Carley fully understood it.

Good post.
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 08:54 PM   #75
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
6991
Rep
14,174
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Hmmm. That plays to my personal "collapsing magnetic field" theory.

Or pirates. Can't forget the Noodly One.

EDIT: The reason I even opened this thread - I thought it was a post about BMW getting out of racing. Imagine my relief.
I'd love to hear your theory. Does it have anything to do with loudspeakers?
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #76
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
6991
Rep
14,174
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Aliens need lovin too
Aliens are fucking with the software; that's really the problem...
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #77
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
852
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
No, my point was that the debt is far more impacting to our children than globalwarmingclimatechange; the children we have now, not the ones we'll have 100 years from now.
Damn, you got me. I was almost up the staircase of content regurgitation but I fell on the last step.

So, tell me why our debt is a bad thing. Are you an economist?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 04:56 AM   #78
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
6991
Rep
14,174
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Damn, you got me. I was almost up the staircase of content regurgitation but I fell on the last step.

So, tell me why our debt is a bad thing. Are you an economist?
Because believing in carrying such a high level of debt is okay as long as the US economy remains productive and the Dollar is the standard of the world economy (as a value asset). But if the US economy doesn't remain productive and the dollar moves off as the would currency, where foreign investors stop investing in the US then long term interest rates jump and the ability to manage the debt service turns into a crisis.
__________________
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2016, 05:20 AM   #79
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
852
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Because believing in carrying such a high level of debt is okay as long as the US economy remains productive and the Dollar is the standard of the world economy (as a value asset). But if the US economy doesn't remain productive and the dollar moves off as the would currency, where foreign investors stop investing in the US then long term interest rates jump and the ability to manage the debt service turns into a crisis.
Ok, explain to me how the world drops the dollar and our eco crashes. It could happen for sure but the cause would have to be extraordinary and probably wouldn't come out of thin air unless aliens invade / terrorists or nanobots kill everyone / a meteorite lands.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #80
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6592
Rep
1,286
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [4.50]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Ok, explain to me how the world drops the dollar and our eco crashes. It could happen for sure but the cause would have to be extraordinary and probably wouldn't come out of thin air unless aliens invade / terrorists or nanobots kill everyone / a meteorite lands.
What if a meteorite, teeming with nanobots, is steered into our planet by terrorist aliens?
__________________
This space for rent.
Appreciate 2
      05-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #81
Efthreeoh
Lieutenant General
United_States
6991
Rep
14,174
Posts

Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARLAND

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Ok, explain to me how the world drops the dollar and our eco crashes. It could happen for sure but the cause would have to be extraordinary and probably wouldn't come out of thin air unless aliens invade / terrorists or nanobots kill everyone / a meteorite lands.
So I'll not write an economic thesis paper.... but it almost happened in 2009. If China decides it has the World's largest economy and global investors decide to move their investments to the Chinese economy.

Nanobots and aliens aside. Be serious or stop asking questions.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST