BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Infotainment system problem

07-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #1
Lantzf36
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435i

Infotainment system problem

Hello. 2 days ago when i was driving all of the sudden my idrive screen froze ( i have the big screen with navigation)
After some seconds when it was no longer frozen my navigation system stopped working (its just stuck on loading when i try to start it.) also my multimedia wont work, cant connect with bluetooth nor USB, on my phone it says im connected but on the screen im not connected and it just says loading there too.
I can also here a quiet beep coming from somewhere inside once every minute or something.
I should also add that yesterday it started working for some hours but today it had not worked at all.
Basically all that works is radio and vehicle info
Had anyone had similar problem or have any idea what the problem could be?
I drive a 2015 f36
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:47 PM   #2
IndyRed128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230I(Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzf36 View Post
Hello. 2 days ago when i was driving all of the sudden my idrive screen froze ( i have the big screen with navigation)
After some seconds when it was no longer frozen my navigation system stopped working (its just stuck on loading when i try to start it.) also my multimedia wont work, cant connect with bluetooth nor USB, on my phone it says im connected but on the screen im not connected and it just says loading there too.
I can also here a quiet beep coming from somewhere inside once every minute or something.
I should also add that yesterday it started working for some hours but today it had not worked at all.
Basically all that works is radio and vehicle info
Had anyone had similar problem or have any idea what the problem could be?
I drive a 2015 f36
Not quite sure, but sounds like a problem with the software. A buddy had to have his reset a few years back. It would load, but you couldn't go to anything past the main screen.
Appreciate 0