BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) xdrive25e - 12v when on charging cable

01-29-2022, 01:18 AM   #1
DutchX1
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive25e

Question xdrive25e - 12v when on charging cable

Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of a 2022 model BMW X1 xdrive25e (hybrid), and I have some questions to which it seems difficult to find answers

I would like the 12V cigarette lighter plug in the boot of the car to be powered permanently when:

- The car is being used (= by default, so on ignition)
- The car is connected to a charger pole

Why you ask? Well, two reasons ; first of all I have a dashcam with a parking mode battery which needs to be charged, and today with Covid I'm working from home a lot which means the bits I drive are usually not long enough for the parking mode battery to charge. So when at home and connected to the wall mounted EV charger on my house, why not have permanent 12v there to both charge the parking mode battery and power the dashcam. That way when we go shopping or whatever, the parking mode battery will power the dashcam for up to 24h when we're parked and not connected to a charger pole.

Second reason is that when we go on holiday, we usually go by car and we bring along a 12v cooler/freezer with us. When we park the car for the night, and have the car on a charging pole, it would be nice if that cooler/freezer can remain switched on to keep our frozen food frozen and the rest of the food cool in the refrigerator section.

Looking for advice to make this happen! Anyone here have details on the fuse box for this model for example with an idea if there is a 12V active when connected to a charging pole?
Appreciate 0