BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Routing wires through front bulkhead/firewall?

04-29-2024, 01:51 PM   #1
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a white BMW

Routing wires through front bulkhead/firewall?

I am in the process of installing linear damper pots and need to route wires centrally from each corner of the car in a non-destructive way. My goal is a clean installation that ends up with the wires being passed under the front section of carpet or similar.

My question is if anyone has found pass-throughs or unused grommets in the front of the car that could be easily replaced if need be. I don't want to put an additional hole in any of the main harness grommets because I would never want to go through the hassle of replacing them.

Tangentially, is wiring routing provided in ISTA or is it just wiring diagrams? I am going to try and get ISTA+ setup in the next couple of days and hoping that may shed some light on options.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 04:26 PM   #2
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

I know there is one above the fuse box in the passenger kick panel. It’s way up there and you have to contort your body to get to it. I’m sure there are several options on the drivers side as well, but the main issue is catching it on the other side since everything is stuffed against it in the engine bay.
Appreciate 2
M1500Z427.50
      04-29-2024, 09:04 PM   #3
MarlboroM2C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
  [10.00]
2021 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
I know there is one above the fuse box in the passenger kick panel. It’s way up there and you have to contort your body to get to it. I’m sure there are several options on the drivers side as well, but the main issue is catching it on the other side since everything is stuffed against it in the engine bay.
Any way to see a pic of this ?