THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Just bought Dinan Mid-Pipe for M240i on sale

10-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #23
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240xi Estoril Blue

I just installed the mid-pipe this morning with a friend. (He has a two post jack in his garage so no need to put the car on jack stands and crawl...)

It took us about 45 minutes to do the install, did a road test and then spent another 10 minutes adjusting the rear end so the tips would be centered.

I thought I would have struggled with cutting the exhaust a lot more but with the tool he had it took like 3 minutes.(THIS: https://store.snapon.com/Cutters-Exh...--P640487.aspx)

My verdict? Its worth every penny. OMG the car sounds mean on cold start but just goes back to almost stock when at idle in Normal mode. (So my neighbors should not complain.)

I feel like it's how the car should've sounded when stock. If I am careful and in Normal mode it's a sleeper but if I hit the gaz it sounds great and a lot more burble on deceleration. (Even in normal mode it does burble a little.)

To add icing on the cake today, my friend who helped me has a tuned Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B and when we did the road test of my car after installing the mid-pipe he said that he didn't want to go to the drag strip with me anymore. :-) The F22 is an amazing car. I really like it.
Appreciate 3