BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Austrian GP - Spielberg (June 30)

07-05-2019, 05:55 AM   #67
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Yeah I think it's a long shot too, but I think there's a quote out there from Toto saying that Esteban is a great driver and doesn't want to be responsible for his lack of time in F1. Or something like that. He essentially hinted that letting him go might be something that Merc might need to do in order progress Esteban's career.
Ah ok, that makes sense then.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #68
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
Ah ok, that makes sense then.
Read that as well, wonder if it was a bit of foreshadowing. Getting the feeling they might be starting to think he's not in their future. Think AMG might be looking to bring in some one who can drive (which he can for the most part) but also is a bit more dynamic to fill that void for when Lewis leaves. Love him or hate him - Hamilton definitely brings so much to Mercedes off the track. Think they might want to get some more personality in there soon to help groom for the inevitable future without Lewis. Of course could be completely wrong here as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 11:17 PM   #69
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I agree with most of this with the exception that VER took the racing line. VER took an alternative line, missed the apex by half a car width and steered into LEC. One need only watch the preceding lap to see what line VER should have taken. His goal was to stop LEC from coming back with the superior acceleration of the Ferrari as he did on the previous lap.

I really believe that the decision was incorrect and sets a bad precedent. I remember very well when drivers were injured and killed from wheel-to-wheel contact in F1 and other open wheel series. If people want to see a bunch of body rubbing while racing there is NASCAR and other tin-top racing around the globe. F1 and the rest of the open wheel feeder series' are not the place for this.

Great comment and I always appreciate your input!

Cheers-mk

Hope Max finds the apex this weekend
Attached Images

Appreciate 0