BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) BMW X2 by AC Schnitzer

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2018, 06:14 PM   #23
WickedNy
Get Some
WickedNy's Avatar
United_States
152
Rep
647
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

Can't help but compare the two
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 4
      10-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #24
AUS1969
Private First Class
United_States
24
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 E90
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

iTrader: (0)

An X2M would be interesting -
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #25
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
140
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 SS/SO 2016
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Really starting to like it!
If only they'd drop a proper engine in it!
The X2 35i is comming soon
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #26
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Mr. Tasty's Avatar
412
Rep
732
Posts

Drives: AW 335i Mperformance
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Gilbert

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
AC Schnitzer is known lately for jacking up BMW's or to put bluntly, just ruining them.

But with this doesn't look that much more removed from stock, which for them isn't bad but then what are you paying for?

A waste of resources to aesthetically improve a FWD MINI masquerading as a BMW SAV. Completely failed.

And that driver side shot is it's best angle by far.
I don't disagree with the look of AC Schnitzer add-ons, but your remark about the Mini is such a tired argument. Platform sharing doesn't mean a Porsche Cayanne is a Volkswagen Tuareg or a Lamborghini Huracan is an Audi R8 any more than it means a BMW X1/X2 is a Mini. Platform sharing is the new normal. Get over it, FFS.
here is nothing to get over. It's not tired, it's an ugly truth. It's a MINI plain and simple underneath all of the ridiculous badges. FFS get over it.
the x2 is based off the 2 series chassis, not the mini coopers. x1 was based off 1 series, x3 based off 3 series, ect.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #27
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Canada
87
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 2002 BMW M3 6MT Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Metro Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
the x2 is based off the 2 series chassis, not the mini coopers. x1 was based off 1 series, x3 based off 3 series, ect.
The BMW X1 and X2 are built on the UKL2 platform, which is shared by other vehicles, including a couple of models of Mini. This doesn't make a BMW a Mini, any more than it makes a Mini a BMW. They share the same platform.

UKL2 platform
Mini Clubman (F54) (2016-present)
BMW 2 Series Active Tourer (F45) (2014-present)
BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer (F46) (2015-present)
BMW X1 (F48) (2015-present)
BMW X2 (F39) (2017-present)
Zinoro 60H (F48) (2017-present) - China
Mini Countryman (F60) (2017-present)
BMW 1 Series Sedan (F52) (2017-present) - China

Platform sharing is used throughout the auto industry. Were it not for platform sharing, there would not be nearly as much choice on the market.
Appreciate 2
      10-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #28
________
Lieutenant Colonel
2139
Rep
1,520
Posts

Drives: _
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: _

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
AC Schnitzer is known lately for jacking up BMW's or to put bluntly, just ruining them.

But with this doesn't look that much more removed from stock, which for them isn't bad but then what are you paying for?

A waste of resources to aesthetically improve a FWD MINI masquerading as a BMW SAV. Completely failed.

And that driver side shot is it's best angle by far.
I don't disagree with the look of AC Schnitzer add-ons, but your remark about the Mini is such a tired argument. Platform sharing doesn't mean a Porsche Cayanne is a Volkswagen Tuareg or a Lamborghini Huracan is an Audi R8 any more than it means a BMW X1/X2 is a Mini. Platform sharing is the new normal. Get over it, FFS.
here is nothing to get over. It's not tired, it's an ugly truth. It's a MINI plain and simple underneath all of the ridiculous badges. FFS get over it.
the x2 is based off the 2 series chassis, not the mini coopers. x1 was based off 1 series, x3 based off 3 series, ect.
That is incorrect in so many levels. You didn't get 1 right...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #29
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2648
Rep
2,713
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
The X2 28i is AWD as well...

He was referring to the front wheel drive base of the car, as a shift in direction for BMW. He's a "purist" (focus on quotes) because all BMWs should be RWD. But that ship has long sailed, the X7 is here to prove BMW is not a sports coupe company. It's a car company, and the portfolio is much more varied today
Once the X1 and X2 are available in full electric the front biases concern will no longer be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #30
________
Lieutenant Colonel
2139
Rep
1,520
Posts

Drives: _
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: _

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
The X2 28i is AWD as well...

He was referring to the front wheel drive base of the car, as a shift in direction for BMW. He's a "purist" (focus on quotes) because all BMWs should be RWD. But that ship has long sailed, the X7 is here to prove BMW is not a sports coupe company. It's a car company, and the portfolio is much more varied today
Once the X1 and X2 are available in full electric the front biases concern will no longer be an issue.
What front bias?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #31
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2648
Rep
2,713
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
The X2 28i is AWD as well...

He was referring to the front wheel drive base of the car, as a shift in direction for BMW. He's a "purist" (focus on quotes) because all BMWs should be RWD. But that ship has long sailed, the X7 is here to prove BMW is not a sports coupe company. It's a car company, and the portfolio is much more varied today
Once the X1 and X2 are available in full electric the front biases concern will no longer be an issue.
What front bias?
The X1 & X2 w/available xDrive are primarily driven by the front wheel, that's what I'm referring to.
Appreciate 1
________2138.50

      10-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #32
Tallest
Major General
Tallest's Avatar
No_Country
309
Rep
5,601
Posts

Drives: '13 GSM F30 320d
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Europa

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNy View Post
Can't help but compare the two
good one! I thought of Homer for some reason
__________________
Current drives
'13 BMW F30 GSM 320d
'11 Porsche 997.2 C2 PDK
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #33
Frank Jia
Private First Class
Frank Jia's Avatar
61
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i MPPSK
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

What a stupid front face on X2.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 07:06 PM   #34
Costello1991
Private First Class
Costello1991's Avatar
United_States
176
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: 2013 Alpine White 135is
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

How are they still in business ?
__________________
DCT N55 135is | MHD STAGE 2 ACN 91 | AR Downpipe | Chargepipe | Muffler Delete | Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips | Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler | OEM 313s | Spacers : 15mm F - 12mm R |
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #35
Teutonic
Lieutenant Colonel
Teutonic's Avatar
No_Country
842
Rep
1,528
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
the x2 is based off the 2 series chassis, not the mini coopers. x1 was based off 1 series, x3 based off 3 series, ect.
No, the 2 Series (F22/F23) is not an UKL platform, is a RWD platform.

X2 is based on a UKL (FWD) platform which is totally different.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 12:03 PM   #36
Teutonic
Lieutenant Colonel
Teutonic's Avatar
No_Country
842
Rep
1,528
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
the x2 m35i is all wheel drive though
Yeah, a FWD biased Haldex system. Still a Mini.
Total different than the true xDrive which is a RWD biased system.
Appreciate 1
Kingpin4151.50

      10-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #37
Kingpin4
First Lieutenant
Kingpin4's Avatar
United_States
152
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: 2015 black 435i xdrive f32
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Overrated. :
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #38
435MSport6Speed
Captain
435MSport6Speed's Avatar
312
Rep
724
Posts

Drives: 435i M Sport 6 Speed
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mass

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNy View Post
Can't help but compare the two
Now that's funny.

You must dive.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #39
nathanm4
Second Lieutenant
nathanm4's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful X2
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #40
sed335i
Major
sed335i's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
1,454
Posts

Drives: '05 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Swansea,MA

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to sed335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sev1 View Post
This car is way better looking than people want to admit.
^THIS
__________________
'05 BMW M3 6MT
'18 Accord Sport 1.5T (Daily)
'13 Ford Raptor SCREW (SOLD)
'07 335i 6MT (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 05:36 PM   #41
WickedNy
Get Some
WickedNy's Avatar
United_States
152
Rep
647
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435MSport6Speed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNy View Post
Can't help but compare the two
Now that's funny.

You must dive.
Lol not at all, but have been watching animal shows since I was a kid, first thought was parrot fish
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #42
Yeru
Private First Class
Yeru's Avatar
United_States
124
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: 2013 IB E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

It'll be a cold day in hell before someone pries the roof rear spoiler from ACS' design language
__________________
/* 2013 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 ZCP 6MT */
Appreciate 1
DrKevM51644.00

      11-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #43
ScottAndrew
Banned
369
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: BMW 230i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costello1991 View Post
How are they still in business ?
You mean AC Schnitzer? Because people love decorating their cars with glitz in a way that makes it look like they ram-raided an auto shop. That powers about half this forum, don't knock it
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #44
ScottAndrew
Banned
369
Rep
528
Posts

Drives: BMW 230i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Yeah, a FWD biased Haldex system. Still a Mini.
Total different than the true xDrive which is a RWD biased system.
What is a "troo" xDrive? xDrive isn't a mechanical solution, it's a marketing name for "four-wheel drive".
Appreciate 1
________2138.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST