BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion FCC Gets 1,300 Complaint Calls Over Shakira & J-Lo Half-Time Show!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2020, 11:54 PM   #23
obert
Brigadier General
obert's Avatar
United_States
1253
Rep
3,657
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (43)

I am sorry to say this but who really cares? The people that waste there time on making this an issue have nothing better to do. Like me right now replying to this. I am sitting here doing nothing and wanted to kill some time lol
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 05:08 AM   #24
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3292
Rep
3,745
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I just read an article about it. Texas had the most complaints
I seriously doubt it. Link???
https://sports.yahoo.com/j-lo-shakir....tsrc=newsroom

Here you go pal
Attached Images
 
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 05:19 AM   #25
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3292
Rep
3,745
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Really? The Shakira tongue action was impressive but I wouldn't want my teenage daughter "rocking" those moves. Different strokes and all that
I could tolerate the tacky nastiness if their music wasn't such shit.
I don't have skin in this game and rarely watch the Super Bowl. Didn't even watch the game and couldn't give two shits about football as I'm much more impressed with athletes in other sports. Work friends showed me some clips the next day.

Agreed the music is complete crap. Appeared to be some older Ho's trying to stay relevant.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
gjm1201243.00

      02-27-2020, 06:54 AM   #26
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4124
Rep
4,360
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
As a percentage, 1300 complaints is nothing compared to number of viewers.
agreed, which is why i would like to see where they originated but in comparison i believe the janet jackson nip-slip brought in over 600k complaints. kind of puts the amount of calls into perspective. i am fairly certain this will turn into a race/racist thing before it dies down.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #27
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2435
Rep
1,848
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
agreed, which is why i would like to see where they originated but in comparison i believe the janet jackson nip-slip brought in over 600k complaints. kind of puts the amount of calls into perspective. i am fairly certain this will turn into a race/racist thing before it dies down.
TXSTYLE already did
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #28
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3292
Rep
3,745
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
agreed, which is why i would like to see where they originated but in comparison i believe the janet jackson nip-slip brought in over 600k complaints. kind of puts the amount of calls into perspective. i am fairly certain this will turn into a race/racist thing before it dies down.
TXSTYLE already did
Typical liberal
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #29
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5486
Rep
2,796
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
I could tolerate the tacky nastiness if their music wasn't such shit.
Every song they performed, was a TOP performing song on Billboard and has sold Tens of Millions! So obviously your taste in music is the one in question.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #30
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5486
Rep
2,796
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
TXSTYLE already did
Stop fucking sweating me. I didn't make shit but a opinion. And more than likely, it's true.
Two Latinas who happen to be Fine AF and 2 of the biggest worldwide stars are bound to cause several folks, particularly women, to be Salty AF. Which this very thread demonstrates.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer19961.00

      02-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #31
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5486
Rep
2,796
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Typical liberal
LMFAO you Salty. Just like the women who called in to complain. Maybe you were one of them?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #32
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3292
Rep
3,745
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Typical liberal
LMFAO you Salty. Just like the women who called in to complain. Maybe you were one of them?
I'm not the one from Texas.

Steers and Queers anyone?

__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
DieselOG1354.50

      02-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #33
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5486
Rep
2,796
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I'm not the one from Texas.

Steers and Queers anyone?

Oooooooo.... You got me! Typical homophobic, shit for brains Clumpster.

Married to a very hot Latina FYI. But nice try wimp.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #34
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2435
Rep
1,848
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Stop fucking sweating me. I didn't make shit but a opinion. And more than likely, it's true.
Two Latinas who happen to be Fine AF and 2 of the biggest worldwide stars are bound to cause several folks, particularly women, to be Salty AF. Which this very thread demonstrates.
you literally made it about race
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3503.50

      02-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #35
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5559
Rep
1,749
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 2
minn196597.00
Salty Dog3503.50

      02-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #36
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
1243
Rep
2,062
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Every song they performed, was a TOP performing song on Billboard and has sold Tens of Millions! So obviously your taste in music is the one in question.
Thank you.

If you like teeny bopper bubble gum pop, here's to you.
__________________
E82 / BMWP Springs / Koni Yellows / M front control arms / M rear guide rods / RSFB inserts / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #37
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6597
Rep
7,189
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

I wonder how many complaints they get about the amount of violence/murder on prime time tv every night? I'm always amazed that people will complain about things like the halftime show and not the regular crap on tv every night.
Appreciate 2
iconoclast4124.00
Conissah876.00

      02-27-2020, 01:00 PM   #38
F32Fleet
Major General
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
1704
Rep
8,155
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southeastern US

iTrader: (0)

Just a bunch of bitter teetotalers.
__________________
"Drive more, worry less. "

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #39
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4124
Rep
4,360
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I'm always amazed that people will complain about things like the halftime show and not the regular crap on tv every night.
agreed, especially the folks who are concerned with the sanctity of marriage but watch shows about 90day fiancees, marriage at first sight or bachelor/ette etc. those are fine but divorce or gay marriage that's where they draw the line. WTF~!?
Appreciate 1
minn196597.00

      02-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #40
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2435
Rep
1,848
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
agreed, especially the folks who are concerned with the sanctity of marriage but watch shows about 90day fiancees, marriage at first sight or bachelor/ette etc. those are fine but divorce or gay marriage that's where they draw the line. WTF~!?
i think youre severely overestimating the amount and diversity of people that watch those shows compared to those that watch the SB.

the Super Bowl is a sport, and as such, there is a lot less for people of different religious or moral or cultural backgrounds to be offended by, and as such, they will tune into that.

Do you really think someone who is super concerned about the sanctity of marriage is going to go watch a show like 90 day fiance or married at first sight? Just a quick google showed 2.6mill people tuned in to an episode of 90 day fiance last fall. The superbowl had 100 mill.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4124.00

      02-27-2020, 06:35 PM   #41
dsad1
Colonel
994
Rep
2,134
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I wonder how many complaints they get about the amount of violence/murder on prime time tv every night? I'm always amazed that people will complain about things like the halftime show and not the regular crap on tv every night.
I understand them complaining over this compared to other shows. Parents can restrict kids from watching what is already known to be inappropriate, but if they don't know it's going to be inappropriate they can't restrict.

I watched the halftime show with my 8 year old and 5 year old daughters, and even though I didn't say anything out loud, let alone try to call someone, I did think it was too provocative for the occasion.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4124.00

      02-27-2020, 07:33 PM   #42
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
6597
Rep
7,189
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
I understand them complaining over this compared to other shows. Parents can restrict kids from watching what is already known to be inappropriate, but if they don't know it's going to be inappropriate they can't restrict.

I watched the halftime show with my 8 year old and 5 year old daughters, and even though I didn't say anything out loud, let alone try to call someone, I did think it was too provocative for the occasion.
Iím assuming most knew it was going to be Shakira and J Lo. Itís exactly what I/most expected what they would do and so parents had the same opportunity to restrict their kids from watching. Itís 10 to 15 minutes of having to restrict young ones compared to hours every night of violence etc on nearly every channel.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #43
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5486
Rep
2,796
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Iím assuming most knew it was going to be Shakira and J Lo. Itís exactly what I/most expected what they would do and so parents had the same opportunity to restrict their kids from watching. Itís 10 to 15 minutes of having to restrict young ones compared to hours every night of violence etc on nearly every channel.
Appreciate 1
minn196597.00

      02-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #44
e90335e36m3
Second Lieutenant
213
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: Zilch
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

My eyes definitely enjoyed the show, I just didn't understand half the lyrics. I should've learned Spanish instead of English when I immigrated to the US in 1995. They lied to me when they said English was the national language and that it was critical to learn to assimilate and succeed in our diverse nation.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST