BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

10-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
rea1000
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93

2008 m3

How can i make my 2008 m3 faster?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #2
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

By trading it in for a Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
rea1000
Rep

y
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 02:09 AM   #4
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea1000 View Post
y
the vert is slow. that's why. you don't have many choices. intake, exhaust, chip will yield small results. there's tuning accessories out there, go search.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
      10-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Touche.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
rea1000
Rep

Damn well I think the vert is way better looking than the coupe. It cant be that much slower cause it weighs 350 more than coupe.. I mean my shit dippz. Chicks dig it better too.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 01:45 AM   #8
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Put your M3 badge on a M6 car will do it, otherwise, full race exhaust, ecu chip, 98 octane and air intakes would bring you up to coupe speed.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 01:50 AM   #9
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

"My shit dippz?" What does that even mean?

BTW if you bought a convertible because 'chicks dig it better,' it doesn't sound like you're that performance oriented. Save your money for some dubzzzz and get the ho's fo sho.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:11 AM   #10
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

ballin!

How is the very better looking? It's a coupe with more lines cut into it.

BMW states M is all about having suspension and brakes to handle the power. With 100s of pounds added to the top of the car, the body roll defeats the suspension. That is the biggest challenge in the e93.

In this way, it's more of a performance poser car. From the priorities you have, it sounds perfect for you.

To give you a legitimate answer as opposed to pure critisism, you could add an exhaust to make it sound meaner and add 10hp. This would be a mod that makes the panties wet for about 2k.

don't expect many around here (any performance board actually) to respect much of what you do, because your goals are in direct conflict with what enthusiasts are trying to accomplish.

I can't take a "holier-than-thou" attitude however. I upgraded from the 1, with panty-drop-ability being a contributing factor, I must admit. I do however, respect the machine. I have an M coming to my driveway very soon, and that makes me feel very special. I am joining an elite club driving cars developed by Germany's best and brightest. We must all remember that.

... and spell convertible right, dope. haha

Last edited by ScottyGams; 10-16-2008 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
rea1000
Rep

Scotty, talk to me when you get an m class. Till then keep hating, I thrive off that. I asked a simple question to get positive feed back, not a bunch of haters that dont even drive the machine. If you can't control your jealous nature dont F---ing write back. GOT IT! Now that I got that out of my system, I have 10 large to make my car faster.. Does anyone know of something that will put me up to coupe speed or faster?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Scotty, talk to me when you get an m class. Till then keep hating, I thrive off that. I asked a simple question to get positive feed back, not a bunch of haters that dont even drive the machine. If you can't control your jealous nature dont F---ing write back. GOT IT! Now that I got that out of my system, I have 10 large to make my car faster.. Does anyone know of something that will put me up to coupe speed or faster?

I have a 2008 SSII M3 coupe next week, a 2008 BSM 135i Coupe, and a 2008 Silver X5 4.8 under my name. The M3 comes next week. My family also drives Mercedes and Porsche. I forgive you for your ignorance however, as I am trying to make a greater point.

I assume based on your lack of erudite language, that you are young (either that or you lack class). I really don't want to admit this for possible future bigotry, but I am only 23 years old.

I criticize you because it's either I do it gently, or you are going to have the 30-40 year olds absolutely smash you. These guys have been around since the E36 at least, and don't take kindly to "New Money" diluting the brand with BLANG attitudes. As not to be misconstrued as a kid, I keep my mouth shut most of the time and read. I make sure to only post in the thread related to the question I am trying to ask and open a new thread when absolutely necessary. I am researching things to do now before the car even gets here so I can have a good understanding right out the gate. Over at E90Post, kids get smashed all the time for modding Mommy + Daddy's rides. I do not know if that is the case, because you may have made the purchase on your own merit, but you sound like a story I have heard before.

Being a member of E90Post, 1Addicts, and M3Post I have seen this formula over and over. Person lacking respect for the community jumps on the forum and immediately starts a thread demanding the community to serve them because they are entitled. Contributing members that have invested time and money into the perfection of their beloved vehicles are expected to drop everything because you and your 4 posts don't feel like searching. You honestly expect not only a BMW community, but the godamn M community to stop everything to guide you step-by-step as to what to do with your convertible?

This is what I mean by respecting the machine. Be like the rest of us young guys. STFU, read, and hope to get minor help if there is something you don't understand. I am playing by the rules, and I know that I am blessed for getting an M3 at such a young age. I'll be damned if you can step out of line and make everybody work for you because you say so.

Oh, and to call it an M-class would be referring to Mercedes. It's M-Series if anything. I hate to keep correcting you, but your flaws are too transparent. Good luck getting to as fast as my coupe.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
Blip Bavarian
salivator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 GT4, 14 X5 V8 & 91 E30 LS1

Ouch. this thread is all hate. I've got a question...how do I make my e92 M3 faster?...by trading it for a GTR or ZO6. Haha. Come on guys, why the animosity? He asked a simple question.

I hope that you enjoy your vert man. I would say wait for the AA supercharger to come out. It might be more than 10k though.

Sorry for the other members disrespect. Enjoy your ride.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
rea1000
Rep

Wow, whos cars are those your grandparents? I'm not impressed at all.. Scotty you seem like your smart kid. Maybe you to smart for your own good. I have a few years on you buddy (I'm 28). The "M-class" you referred to is just a f---ing car. I have three cars and I bought them all by myself. I didn't have to be a good little boy to get them. I'm gonna be the bigger man here and understand that your still not mature enough to understand me..

I'm way beyond you kid. You may know more about the cars I buy and thats fine because the truth of the matter is I have better things to do. By the time you finish researching the "M-CLASS" I'll be 38 and you'll still be a critizing people as you do today. Or maybe santa claus brings you one for christmas.. I strongly suggest you don't talk about my finacial situation on less YOU have seven figures in a bank account. .. I'm really disappointed i even wasted my time with someone like you. Get a life!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #15
rea1000
Rep

This is my formula for you Scotty (LOSER + SMART= SMART ASSO)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #16
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Forced induction but nothing available yet that is not outrageously expensive.
2022 992 GTS| 7MT | Shark Blue
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

I got a M3 vert , the one one my avatar. I was satisfied with the performance but like everything else, I wanted more( power in this case ) so I sent the car over to RdSport in Cali to get the stroker kit ( 534HP ) + the full Ericsson exhaust(will put it over 534 HP) + I got some things in mind to reduce atleast 200 Lbs. Although I could have bought a Porsche turbo vert, I didnt want one, I wanted an M. I love the E92 coupe but I will embarrass all of you E92/E90's unless you got the Stoker kit too

But damn , you guys were killing rea 1000 cuz he got I vert, so I had to rub it in.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #18
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
How can i make my 2008 m3 faster?
You can get the AA chip, Remus Race Exhaust, GruppeM Intake. You can get all sorts of performance mods. We have a huge list for you
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, whos cars are those your grandparents? I'm not impressed at all.. Scotty you seem like your smart kid. Maybe you to smart for your own good. I have a few years on you buddy (I'm 28). The "M-class" you referred to is just a f---ing car. I have three cars and I bought them all by myself. I didn't have to be a good little boy to get them. I'm gonna be the bigger man here and understand that your still not mature enough to understand me..

I'm way beyond you kid. You may know more about the cars I buy and thats fine because the truth of the matter is I have better things to do. By the time you finish researching the "M-CLASS" I'll be 38 and you'll still be a critizing people as you do today. Or maybe santa claus brings you one for christmas.. I strongly suggest you don't talk about my finacial situation on less YOU have seven figures in a bank account. .. I'm really disappointed i even wasted my time with someone like you. Get a life!
i stated that I have an X5, 135i, and M3 coupe in MY name.

let me get this straight... you are the bigger man here, but your "shit dipz"? I'm not mature enough to understand you, yet your formula for me is (loser + smart = smart asso)? you must be trying to be dramatically ironic.

I cannot believe you are 28, and that is your rebuttal. Really? I do not question your financial situation as you call it, but I am honestly shocked you are here. I am amazed I am in a situation where I am responding someone who believes acceptable sentence structure is...

Quote:
Maybe you to smart for your own good.
But to criticize your grammar would take eight more paragraphs.

To understand why am being hard on you is to understand my perspective. I joined E90 a year and a half ago, and read. I gained so much knowledge that I got a job working for BMW while trying to get through school. Through discount and hard work, I am able to afford things beyond what one would expect is my means. I do not qualify for the label of the spoiled kid stereotype. I want to earn the respect of the BMW enthusiast community some day. I have logged on, I have learned. Through bulletins at work, and scans from members here, I have a greater understanding of how things work, and my cars mean more to me.

This animation exists for a reason =>

So when guys like you come on here and ask for the community to serve you without pretense, it bugs me. You say you got it because chicks dig it. You say you want it faster without stating clear goals. It comes off as entitled, and I fear knowledgeable M3 owners being so put off by your "serve me" attitude that they might hold a grudge against all young enthusiasts.

I am looking forward to getting my silverstone M3 next week. If Santa happens to bring it, that's great, but he better not put on more than 10 miles on my baby. I have never criticized anyone else on any other forum. You would be the first, and you can check my posts to confirm. I will take you at your word when you say you are beyond me (whatever that means) and say good luck with your M3. I look forward to what I assume is going to include chrome and BOVs...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #20
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
I have a vert as well and have done some minor changes to make it a little more responsive due to it having more weight.

I think the vert with the roof up has a nicer line than the coupe. Whats more there is a coupe on every corner not so the vert and top it off there all White.

I would like someone out there put there coupe up against JMD097's vert, no takers?

The question was how can I make my vert faster, simply question deserves a simply answer.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #21
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

rea1000, I would recommend visiting Active Autowerke in Miami.
9940 SW 168th Terr
Miami, FL 33157 USA
P 305.233.9300 (local)
P 877.233.9303 (toll free)
F 305.253.8921
I am sure you can tell them what you want done to your car and they will make it as fast as you like.
      10-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #22
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

Quote:
Damn well I think the vert is way better looking than the coupe. It cant be that much slower cause it weighs 350 more than coupe.. I mean my shit dippz. Chicks dig it better too.
Geez your shallow...