BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Our New Mineral Grey Msport

12-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
40oz.
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335I, E46 325CI, E87 118d

So we picked up my wife's new car today (edit: actually we just test drove it all day, long story) and its amazing! It looks so much better than i thought it would. Like a lot of members on the forum i thought that the standard line looked better than Msport. And in pictures it kinda does, but in person, seeing them side by side, the Msport is hands down the better looking vehicle.

Its late here so i'll write a bit more about the car tomorrow. Here some pictures of it in the meantime. (most of the pictures didn't upload, I'll add more later)
Attached Images

12-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
M-Nick
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congrats to a lovely car
I agree you they look much better in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #3
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Congrats on the new car. Mineral grey is a cool colour. The M sport does look better in the flesh than in pictures I saw a black one yesterday and it really impressed me .
      12-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #4
Remmm
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F48 Alpinweiss

Congrats on the new car, very nice....

A good thing we all have our own taste

I saw my color (alpine white today) and I really had to check twice if it was a 2 active tourer or a X1, the x-line makes it more a SUV but that is just my 2 penny's.....

Enjoy the ride
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz. View Post
So we picked up my wife's new car today (edit: actually we just test drove it all day, long story) and its amazing! It looks so much better than i thought it would. Like a lot of members on the forum i thought that the standard line looked better than Msport. And in pictures it kinda does, but in person, seeing them side by side, the Msport is hands down the better looking vehicle.

Its late here so i'll write a bit more about the car tomorrow. Here some pictures of it in the meantime. (most of the pictures didn't upload, I'll add more later)
It shows in your profile that you are in the UK although I notice that your car is left hand drive. Why is that? Are you living elsewhere at the moment?

On another note, the car looks great!! Mine is the same color combo without the M sport package. I just finally passed the break in period so let the games begin!!
Enjoy the new car!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #6
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Congrats
I like the colour (color).
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #7
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Congrats!

That color is really beautiful.
      12-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #8
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

Thanks for the photos.

We have just placed an order two days ago for (almost) the same -- M Sport in Mineral Grey. Have the black high-gloss with pearl chrome highlight, harman/kardon and 19" wheels (standard in Australia).

Having seen these photos, I'm thinking of changing back to black leather with blue stitching (just have regular black leather now but initially planned on getting the blue stitching).
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 10:19 PM   #9
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

Haven't seen the M Sport in person but your photo makes a compelling argument to go with it. Mineral gray shows the lines best and gives the 1-XER a purposeful look.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 10:32 PM   #10
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

Congrats on your new ride! I like the overall look of the M sport but that rear bumper with those huge black areas don't do much for me. Of course your color and other dark colors mask it better.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 12:57 AM   #11
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 335i xDrive;16 X1;96 4G63T

Looks great, 40oz! Thanks so much for posting the pics. My wife and I were going back and forth about Mineral Grey vs. Alpine White... I felt the AW really brings out the lines of the car, but wifey was totally against having 2 AW vehicles (we have an F30 MSport)... we ended up ordering a Mineral Grey MSport with Mocha interior.

Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics and hear your impressions.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #12
40oz.
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW newbie 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz. View Post

It shows in your profile that you are in the UK although I notice that your car is left hand drive. Why is that? Are you living elsewhere at the moment?

On another note, the car looks great!! Mine is the same color combo without the M sport package. I just finally passed the break in period so let the games begin!!
Enjoy the new car!
I lived in the UK for 5 years before I moved to South Korea. I'm in Germany now to pick up my family before we move to New Jersey in a few weeks. I got the same question when I got the 335 lol. UK plates on a left hand drive car.
      01-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #13
40oz.
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiSPY007
Looks great, 40oz! Thanks so much for posting the pics. My wife and I were going back and forth about Mineral Grey vs. Alpine White... I felt the AW really brings out the lines of the car, but wifey was totally against having 2 AW vehicles (we have an F30 MSport)... we ended up ordering a Mineral Grey MSport with Mocha interior.

Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics and hear your impressions.
We originally wanted to get it in AW but we have an F30 Msport in that color as well. The wife said no so mineral grey it is. I like it though because It really complements the 18inch wheels as they're kinda gum metal grey.

As for impressions I thought it was pretty solid overall. It being front wheel drive biased I thought the difference would be immediately noticeable coming from my rear drive 335. To my surprise it wasn't. We didn't push the car very much but there were no signs of torque steer. And it's very planted at high speeds. we got on the autobahn I gave it maybe 80% throttle and the car accelerated up to 110 mph quickly and with little effort. It definitely won't have trouble reaching the limiter lol.

Other than that I didn't take much to look into the cars features. I just wanted to see how it drove. A couple things though. Ive read on the forum that MSport doesn't come with the heated steering but ours did. And I'm curious about the parking assist. We were driving after pressing the park assist button and the car appeared to be looking for openings big enough to park in. Didn't know it would do that.

Our car is fully loaded except for speed limit info so we have lot more playing around to do, but we won't see it again til February. Overall my wife and I really like it. We only wished they had the 19inch wheels available when our car finished production(there was a shortage that's why we have the 18s).

Great little car, I hope you like yours as much as we like ours!