BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Water pump / Thermostat Q’s

03-28-2023, 01:34 PM   #1
Icycharizard
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Water pump / Thermostat Q’s

Circling back this… https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2000345 but new post due to known issue and specific questions. I am now getting time to work on the car for no heat and an OBVIOUS coolant leak. Looking to change the water pump and/or thermostat housing:

Do I really need to use a scan tool to relearn the “stop limit” on the valvetronic actuator/motor? I am investigating / going to change either the water pump or thermostat bracket assembly due to a massive coolant leak. this is for an F48 X1. I had done the valve cover gasket on an e90 a few years back and had to remove the valvetronic motor, but you didn’t have to use a scan tool to reset it. It’s just the kind of thing the “stealership” tells you to charge a couple hundred extra $. Anyone know more details on this or if I can avoid removing the valvetronic motor altogether for an F48 2016 b46 Eng X1 water pump change?

Also, do I really have to wait 12 hrs for the seal / gasket to dry / cure for the connection of water pump to engine before adding coolant or warming up the engine? Someone was saying something like that but couldn’t confirm bmw proprietary info.

Using this as a guide:
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 09:09 PM   #2
Icycharizard
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Bump
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 08:28 PM   #3
Icycharizard
Private