BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) CID screen software update

12-15-2021, 02:28 AM   #1
Beams
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2018

CID screen software update

My dealer is having difficulties return my car after a recent service. One of the reason they mentioned is not able to update software in CID unit.

Does anyone know if the CID unit actually need the "software" they mentioned?

It gets suspicious because I keep asking what went wrong with the unit, they can't explain more than that…
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 07:50 AM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

not sure why a cid needs updating. i can see the HU needed to be updated but cid? it's a screen - we never install any updates on a monitor unless it's some special fancy one-off that requires drivers to make a certain feature work but 99% never need any update.

I guess it's possible, however, seems very unlikely your cid needs any sort of update. i'd ask about the HU (head unit) having the issue with the update.
Appreciate 1
Beams10.50
      12-15-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
Beams
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
not sure why a cid needs updating. i can see the HU needed to be updated but cid? it's a screen - we never install any updates on a monitor unless it's some special fancy one-off that requires drivers to make a certain feature work but 99% never need any update.

I guess it's possible, however, seems very unlikely your cid needs any sort of update. i'd ask about the HU (head unit) having the issue with the update.
That's what I thought so too… I highly suspect the service centre is just finding some executes to cover up the delays. They didn't want to talk about it if I ask more information….

Thanks for sharing your second opinion.
Appreciate 0