BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Redbull Racing with Honda PU for 2019-2020

06-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Blaze439
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30 Track Car 335XI Daily

Redbull Racing with Honda PU for 2019-2020

My thought
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I wonder if Ricciardo and Verttappen have had any conversations with Alonso. Based on the pathetic lack of power Honda showed yesterday, maybe the three of them be a Lemans team next year in order to win something.
      06-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #3
Blaze439
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I wonder if Ricciardo and Verttappen have had any conversations with Alonso. Based on the pathetic lack of power Honda showed yesterday, maybe the three of them be a Lemans team next year in order to win something.
I want someone in the 2nd Mercedes that can actually challenge Hamilton. I'm tired of everyone saying he's one of the greatest of all time when he just has the best car of the era.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 06:33 PM   #4
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze439 View Post
I want someone in the 2nd Mercedes that can actually challenge Hamilton. I'm tired of everyone saying he's one of the greatest of all time when he just has the best car of the era.
Rosberg already beat him once, but yes it would be nice to see Seb, Riccardo, Alonso, or even Max in the seat next to Hamilton.

Lewis is such an easy guy to like though. I'm just sick of the Mercedes dominance (alleviated a bit this year) and would like to see some new winners.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:11 AM   #5
Blaze439
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Rosberg already beat him once, but yes it would be nice to see Seb, Riccardo, Alonso, or even Max in the seat next to Hamilton.

Lewis is such an easy guy to like though. I'm just sick of the Mercedes dominance (alleviated a bit this year) and would like to see some new winners.
Idk what it is but I just don't like him. Next year should be interesting with the way Leclerc is performing. The rumor mill is already, well still going about kimi for next year. The triple header is nice too. Too bad they don't race every weekend. Although the race will be won on Saturday, some other talking points are the new engine regs for 2021 will be fully defined this week and Renult will have their new MGUK they have been working on for over a year and a half. I am interested to see how much it boosts the works team.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 08:56 AM   #6
Fender150
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I've always rooted for hamilton since the early mclaren days, rosberg did beat him once, barely, after years of bashing lol!

But the guy is really fast still, his partners in similar equipment arent at
75 pole positions. Bottas will sometimes outshine him in qualifying.

I personally want to see Dan Ric get a better car, great driver too
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #7
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender150 View Post
I've always rooted for hamilton since the early mclaren days, rosberg did beat him once, barely, after years of bashing lol!

But the guy is really fast still, his partners in similar equipment arent at
75 pole positions. Bottas will sometimes outshine him in qualifying.

I personally want to see Dan Ric get a better car, great driver too
I like LH also. Unlike so many other F1 ‘drivers’, he grew up poor. His Dad was a postman who eventually gave up his job to drive Lewis to Karting events around the UK, with the Kart in the back of his van.Always short on money and parts, but loaded with talent.

He’s where he is based purely on talent; not Daddy’s money. You have to respect that.

Bish
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I like LH also. Unlike so many other F1 ‘drivers’, he grew up poor. His Dad was a postman who eventually gave up his job to drive Lewis to Karting events around the UK, with the Kart in the back of his van.Always short on money and parts, but loaded with talent.

He’s where he is based purely on talent; not Daddy’s money. You have to respect that.

Bish
I agree.

On top of that, he has never been know to push other people off the track. Rosberg drove him off the track twice, once at Austria and once at Monaco.

I don't particularly care for his off track behaviour, but that is his prerogative. All I care about is what he does on the track, and he has been very good at that.
Appreciate 0