BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-08-2020, 07:04 AM   #89
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

My X3 came with acoustic front side glass and as some people have mentioned here, it seems only really beneficial in cutting back on the wind noise from the side mirrors.

I still get faint road noise (as if the door isn't 100% closed) coming from the door frame, which I was hoping to leave behind with our old F25. Whether this is more noticeable due to me sitting back further (long legs), I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #90
Las46
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark View Post
Have any Canadians sourced somewhere here where acoustic glass can be purchased? I checked with my dealer and they “apparently” can’t get it.
I just pulled the trigger on a new 2020 m40i also and would have loved to select the acoustic glass option.
Pushed my dealer to look into it and apparently not available as an option in Canada.
Really makes no sense since its available on the US website.

Oh well...not a deal breaker but would have gladly added it as it seems to be an inexpensive option with huge benefits...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 02:21 PM   #91
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las46 View Post
I just pulled the trigger on a new 2020 m40i also and would have loved to select the acoustic glass option.
Pushed my dealer to look into it and apparently not available as an option in Canada.
Really makes no sense since its available on the US website.

Oh well...not a deal breaker but would have gladly added it as it seems to be an inexpensive option with huge benefits...
I’ll probably purchase it south of the border and get installed at my dealer. I don’t understand the decisions BMW Canada makes. At least give us the option.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #92
Las46
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark View Post
I’ll probably purchase it south of the border and get installed at my dealer. I don’t understand the decisions BMW Canada makes. At least give us the option.
What's worse is the car is built in the same plant for both markets, in Spartanburg.
So it can't be a resource/part availability issue.
Probably some boneheaded "strategic" decision.

Not to turn this into a bmw Canada bash session, but they haven't even updated their website with the 2020 model configurator yet.
Still showing 2019 model.
I'll be pissed if the option somehow becomes available magically when they roll out the new 2020 configurator.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #93
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las46 View Post
What's worse is the car is built in the same plant for both markets, in Spartanburg.
So it can't be a resource/part availability issue.
Probably some boneheaded "strategic" decision.

Not to turn this into a bmw Canada bash session, but they haven't even updated their website with the 2020 model configurator yet.
Still showing 2019 model.
I'll be pissed if the option somehow becomes available magically when they roll out the new 2020 configurator.
Yeah, I really don’t understand the mindset either. It’s not like they have to ship it from Europe.

Regarding the website, they are always late putting the new models up. I just don’t understand why.

I contacted my dealer last week regarding the acoustic glass. They are able to give me a price, but say the parts are unavailable. I asked if they meant out of stock and they said, no, not available. So, how do they have a price?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #94
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

The acoustic glass is 6mm instead of the normal 4mm. In the UK it's standard on the X3M and is all windows except rear glass.

I don't think the car is brilliantly quiet but it does mute the engine and exhaust note.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 07:56 AM   #95
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
The acoustic glass is 6mm instead of the normal 4mm. In the UK it's standard on the X3M and is all windows except rear glass.

I don't think the car is brilliantly quiet but it does mute the engine and exhaust note.
I don’t think my X3 is terribly noisy, but my winter Nokian tires are noisier and I do find there to be more wind noise than what is acceptable for a car in this price range, but it does seem to be a common feature of BMW’s recently. I had an F30 that had horrible wind noise. My ‘16 435 and ‘15 X3 weren't bad, but I still think cars in this price range shouldn’t have any.
Appreciate 0