BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Maintenance Schedule Costs

02-01-2024, 10:24 AM   #1
akyyc
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Maintenance Schedule Costs

Hi All - I have a 2018 X1 (F48) and located in Calgary, Canada.
I've been trying to find maintenance schedules and costs but haven't been able to find the costs yet.
I found some schedules below, but does anyone know how much these would cost. I'm not sure what the going rate is for these.

• Every 10,000 miles, or yearly: replace engine oil, oil filter, and coolant
• Every 20,000 miles, or every two years: inspect and replace fuel filters
• Every 30,000 miles, or every three years:
• Replace brake fluid (after the first replacement, every 60,000 miles)
• Replace transmission fluid on manual-transmission BMWs
• Every 60,000 miles, or every six years:
• Replace engine air filter and spark plugs
• Inspect and replace brake pads and brake rotors, as necessary
• Replace transmission fluid on automatic-transmission BMWs
• Every 90,000 miles, or every nine years: replace timing belts and hoses

BMW X1 Maintenance Schedule
Mileage Recommended Maintenance
15,000 Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
30,000 Service Battery/cables, Lubricate Trunk, Transfer Case Fluid Replacement, Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
45,000 Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
60,000 Replace Air Filter, Service Battery/cables, Lubricate Trunk, Transfer Case Fluid Replacement, Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
75,000 Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
90,000 Service Battery/cables, Lubricate Trunk, Transfer Case Fluid Replacement, Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
100,000 Transmission Fluid Service, Spark Plugs Replacement
105,000 Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
120,000 Replace Air Filter, Service Battery/cables, Lubricate Trunk, Transfer Case Fluid Replacement, Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter, Oxygen Sensor Replacement
135,000 Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
150,000 Service Battery/cables, Lubricate Trunk, Transfer Case Fluid Replacement, Cabin Replace Air Filter, Change Oil and Filter
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 07:44 PM   #2
Boltokgroq
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1

Hey there! My own experiences might not match up to you, I live in Virginia so costs for labor on a BMW might be wildly different.

Whenever I have maintenance performed at my local shop I always buy the parts / fluids myself beforehand from FCP Euro. If you haven’t been there before check it out online, it’ll give you an idea of what the materials will cost.

As for labor, kind of just depends on what job they’re performing. An oil change for me is only $25 since I supply the oil and filter. Cabin air filter change was $40 plus materials on FCP Euro. Spark plugs and coil packs, maybe $150-200 plus parts.
Appreciate 1
akyyc0.00
      02-01-2024, 07:53 PM   #3
Boltokgroq
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1

Oh yeah one more thing, my battery died at almost exactly 60000 miles. Since it has to be installed / synced to the car or whatever I just had the dealership do it, it was like $730 all-in (parts and labor).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 08:13 PM   #4
X1604M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018, F48 28i

Garage List
2018 BMW X1 F48  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akyyc View Post
Hi All - I have a 2018 X1 (F48) and located in Calgary, Canada.
I've been trying to find maintenance schedules and costs but haven't been able to find the costs yet.
I found some schedules below, but does anyone know how much these would cost. I'm not sure what the going rate is for these.
The cost will vary depending on how you want to do and where you go for the service. I live in BC. Sometimes the price I found online are way more cheaper the buying from local parts store.

If you are good with DIY projects. That will be the cheapest. But the price still depends on how you source your parts.

There are many parts company you can buy on line. I find Rockautos in the State and Parts Avatar in Canada have lowest prices.

If you bring your parts and let the local shop do, the jobs will be in the second place. The expense will be in the middle.

Dealership will be the most expensive.
Appreciate 1
akyyc0.00
      02-06-2024, 08:02 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltokgroq View Post
Oh yeah one more thing, my battery died at almost exactly 60000 miles. Since it has to be installed / synced to the car or whatever I just had the dealership do it, it was like $730 all-in (parts and labor).
Back in Jan/2023 I purchased a BMW 105AH AGM battery from my local BMW dealership's PARTS DEPT and it came to $227 after the $18 core return. I installed it myself and registered the new battery using the Bimmerlink app. The battery even came with a little plastic baggy adhered to the side that contained a new little black elbow (that connects the car's vent tube to the battery) and an additional plug to insert in the vent hole on the other side of the battery. Sometimes your local BMW dealership's parts department may have some competitive pricing. In fact, my local BMW dealership had the lowest price for a replacement battery. Everyone else was more money and many times the aftermarket batteries had a lower Amp Hour rating (100 AH instead of 105 AH).

The Bimmerlink & Bimmercode apps along with the OBD II BT Veepeak adapter probably came to approx $100.

That's still comes in less than $730. But if one can't swap the battery themselves due to not having any tools or software...then the cost is more to have someone else do it.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-06-2024 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 03:06 PM   #6
weight_matrix
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i 2017

BMW is running a promotion (idk till how long) and I got my battery replaced for 490 US$ all inclusive. https://bmwusaservice.com/batteries
I am fairly handy, but considering my time and total cost otherwise, it was a fair price.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 07:46 AM   #7
Scimitargte
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x1

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [0.00]
In the uk my personal experience is that a main dealer cannot/will not retail anything that doesn't have a full main dealer service history and a low mileage, sending what should/could be a perfectly good part exchanged car, goes direct to the auctions
Appreciate 0