BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) My X1 got hit tonight

01-20-2024, 01:31 AM   #1
RavenX1
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
My X1 was parked Downtown in an alleyway, and apparently while going to get Boba with a friend of mine, my car was hit by a young man (19) driving his father's pick up truck. 😫He tried turning around in the little round about area and failed to back up far enough and hit the passenger side of my car by my headlight and down.
My headlight is scratched, and my fog light paint is scratched off so you can see the plastic. Also the front bumper is scratched and scuffed.
Luckily for me, the kid stuck around and gave me his information even though he had to call his dad because it was not in the truck. It was thankfully not a hit and run! 🙏(no visible on the truck at all, and it is unclear if he hit me from the back of the truck or front....i wasnt there)
The father spoke with me on the phone as well, and is quite unhappy his son hit a BMW this evening. Could have been avoided if he didnt try to manuever a giant Chevy Silverado truck in an alleyway close to other cars. Luckily the kid was sweet and we had no issues with getting information.
My question is: the headlight is scratched but not cracked, can it be buffed out by a professional instead of the whole light being replaced? The damage is minimal, but the front bumper will need to be replaced... (i feel bad because their insurance will have to go up) thankfully also insurance will be covering these damages.
It breaks my ❤️to see my car damaged even if it is minimal. Always a risk when parking your car...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 02:28 PM   #2
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Sad but nothing serious luckily. Repaint looks possible.
Headlight I don’t know could be polished but depends how deep the scratch is.

As it seems you have halogen so it’s not that expensive to replace if that is needed.
Appreciate 1
RavenX111.50
      01-23-2024, 02:59 PM   #3
RavenX1
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Sad but nothing serious luckily. Repaint looks possible.
Headlight I don’t know could be polished but depends how deep the scratch is.

As it seems you have halogen so it’s not that expensive to replace if that is needed.
I am waiting for an estimate from Caliber Collision, they said it will be over $1000 at least. The head light does need to be replaced, the scratch is too deep to polish. Im not sure what they are doing for my bumper yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 12:46 PM   #4
kulfon48
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 LCI Sportline 280Hp

use this as an opportunity to upgrade to LED headlights.safety first!
Appreciate 1
RavenX111.50