BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board USPS rant

05-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #67
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

OK everyone, here we go...

I was in very, very, VERY short supply of TP. I made multiple trips to all of the stores around me, and found nothing. I reached out to my out of state parents who offered to ship a pack to me.

I live in an apartment complex. We all use the main building address for packages to keep them away from porch pirates. The main office is always staffed during USPS hours by multiple people. What SHOULD happen is carrier delivers the package to the front office, they store it, and contact the resident who can pick it up at the main office.

On Tuesday (day 5 from ship date) my parents get a notification saying the package will be returned to sender due to an invalid forwarding address. Hi USPS, I DO NOT HAVE A FORWARDING ADDRESS!! My stepmom went down to the local post office, the package is now MIA and she will be making a claim to get her money back.

I hate to even have to suggest this, but given some past experiences with USPS employees opening my mail and keeping the contents for themselves, I suspect that an employee realized what the package was and took it home. I hope I'm wrong (I don't think I am).

Last edited by Chihuahua; 05-21-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      05-21-2020, 01:12 PM   #68
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
I told my mailman I was going to cut a hole in the bottom of my mailbox and install a shredder. Even with being on the no junk mail list, about 95% of my mail is junk.

I "opted out" permanently years ago. Here's how:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...alls-and-email

It helped, but still.....
      05-21-2020, 05:03 PM   #69
Da808dad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Round 2 w Amazon Prime...

Ordered Yesterday morning... still not shipped, due to arrive Sunday.

My guess is it won't ship until tomorrow or Saturday. Are they sitting on these packages again? Does the Prime guarantee exist anymore? How long would this package take without prime? 2 months lol ?
Surprisingly, I ordered something this past Saturday and Amazon Prime said it wouldn't be delivered til late next week. Went to the mailbox yesterday and to my amazement it had been delivered.
Appreciate 0