E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help: windshield scratched, who fixes it?

12-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Help: windshield scratched, who fixes it?

I did ED and dropped off my car in Munich, no windshield scracth (I washed the car right before dropoff and went over the car for any issues). Picked up my car Friday from the dealer during a snow blizzard and drove home. Woke up, washed the car, and there's a 3" hairline scratch in the windshield right in drivers view. I called my ED sales guy right away and he just kept saying "we didnt do it". I'm like "I dont car who did it, just how do I get it fixed"? He reluctantly said he would look into it and get back with me Monday. I've had to push this guy all the way through the ED (it was his first one and I had to keep telling him what to do) and my confidence is low he's going to really do anything about it.

Is anybody liable to fix this for me? It may require a new windshield, but I dont feel I should have to pay for this.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
I agree that you shouldn't have to pay for it, but if they don't accept responsibility it could be a battle. IMO, wait until you've driven the car a few weeks and then report the scratch to your insurance. Comprehensive should cover it. I never condone fraud, and I don't think this would be fraudulent - but if you mention the ED to the insurance they won't want to cover it either.

First thing is to try to get the ED folks to own up and fix it. There are some really good glass guys out there that can probably fix the scratch without a replacement.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

OMG I JUST RECIEVED MY ED TOO! last nite when i got home i notice theres 2 hairline scratch above the steering wheel. this sucks
Appreciate 0