BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Couple Oddities and comments after 1,000 miles

06-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #23
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

How bad is the door alignment? I looked at mine when I got to my car and it's not perfect.. but not enough to bother me. Actually with my semi dirty car and the angles of the car, when I walk to it I get paranoid because the way the light reflects on certain parts I think someone has dented my car.. then I get closer and realize it's all good
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #24
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Mine had a bad hood misalignment but I fixed it myself, it was driving me bonkers
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #25
skr9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2001 Audi TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
So two more interesting things happened to me: Driving in regular crazy Boston traffic, and I got a huge yellow notification mark on the HUD and a beep saying "dangerous traffic situation" which I didn't see/notice anything out of the norm. I looked it up when I parked and it said sometimes it trips when it sees something on the shoulder that it thinks you might run into. Didn't check the manual if it listed it or not.

Second odd incident was the pedestrian warning. I mentioned that twice going up my parking garage ramp (very narrow concrete on both sides) It blinked/flashed but did nothing. This time I'm leaving my parking spot at the end of the day and it went off... but this time it PUNCHED the brakes. A nice screetch but no full stop. Guess it thought it saw something with the cars. If I get more of these weird false alarms I might just turn it off completely, especially since it got a failing ZERO rating on an independent tester for the pedestrian warning system.
I too have a narrow parking garage ramp with concrete on both sides - you have to take a sharp left exiting the garage to go up the ramp - will be interesting to see if I have the same issues once I get mine
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 06:03 PM   #26
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
How bad is the door alignment? I looked at mine when I got to my car and it's not perfect.. but not enough to bother me. Actually with my semi dirty car and the angles of the car, when I walk to it I get paranoid because the way the light reflects on certain parts I think someone has dented my car.. then I get closer and realize it's all good
The top corner of the driver's door sits about 3 mm out from being flush. On the passenger front door the same corner is about 1mm. The lower side of the door panel itself seems pretty flush with rear door edge.

On my cheap old Hyundai and Nissan Xtrail all alignment is fine

Last edited by satz; 07-02-2019 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #27
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I looked again this morning when I was filling up gas. My passenger side is completely flush, but the driver's side is about 1mm high. I did see a little "plastic" moulding under the lip edge and pushed it a little.... and it did move. I have a feeling the whole thing pulls off and on, it might literally be pushed lower. I'm certainly not going to give it a shove because it doesn't bother me that much. Perhaps you can find some parts diagrams or ask the body shop guys if this is all it is and then you can work on it to align right.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #28
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

The dealership managed to realign both front doors and improve the 'flushness'.. Although the edge of the door itself is now a tiny bit 'in' compared to where it meets the edge of the rear!
I know the advice used to be that the trailing edge of each body panel (incl doors), should be slightly proud of the leading edge of the next panel, to minimise wind turbulence...but I think I'll just leave it!

Appreciate 0