BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) ***BEWARE of Buyer "Juansito"***

10-30-2020, 10:41 PM   #1
Nsxtc
Registered
Rep
Drives: F48

***BEWARE of Buyer "Juansito"***

Juansito bought this unit from me which clearly states it's for EVO 2018-2019 models. I have no idea what year car he has nor whether or not he has an NTB or EVO. I would expect anyone buying anything would do research themselves to make sure items are compatible.

He bought it and installed the unit (which works including apple play, etc...) but the Avin unit gets no signal from his NTB HU (for obvious reasons). I told him there's nothing I can do and he should just resell the unit as I'm sure there are others on this board that will be interested in it.

He now has filed a case against me on PayPal claiming I sold him a defective unit...

Original ad here: https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3#post26831933
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 04:05 AM   #2
Juansito
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

You forgot the part where I spent over 12 hours trying to fix the no signal issue which you were of no help. If you knew it was nbt/evo issue you would have told me. Yet you didn’t. I’m assuming that’s the issue because that’s what someone told me it might be on the discord.

Why would I resell a unit that might be broken or defective? What if it’s not a nbt/evo issue? What if it’s an android issue? We don’t know for sure.

The fact that I spent 3 days trying to fix the issue to no avail and wanted to return it to you says that I’m not a scammer. I’m out time and money to ship this thing back to you — you on the other hand are refusing to take it back when you never said no refunds or sold as is. The honest thing to do would be to accept the return and move on. Accept the fact that it didn't work and I tried my best. Nothing more I can do for you bro.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

O.k, firstly US sold BMW f48 do not have nbt HU , they all have ENTRYNAV HU, secondly F48 from early to mid 2017 may have ENTRYNAV whereas F48 from late 2017 onwards have ENTRYNAV 2 HU, this is the most likely reason why the android unit will not work in your car. If you go to your nav menu and look at map versions, ENTRYNAV HU have maps called “route”, whereas Entrynav 2 HU have maps called “Way”. If your BMW is not an f48 then it could have NBT EVO HU.

Please note, I do not wish to become embroiled is what appears to be a dispute, merely to inform you that the unit should not be assumed to be defective, rather an android unit designed for an 2018-19 f48 will not necessarily work in a 2017 f48 because they may have different HU. Entrynav and Entrynav2 are not interchangeable. The description F48 EVO 2018-19 should not be assumed to imply NBT EVO although it could be unintentionally misleading. The problem is that Entrynav 2 HU screen layouts mimic those of NBT EVO and the majority of people (possibly including AVIN) do not understand the difference. IMHO, reading the original advert and subsequent exchanges, neither seller nor buyer are fully informed and the key issue here is that a 2018-19 f48 android unit may not work in a 2107 f48 car and If you have a US f48 then units designed for BMW NBT EVO HU are unlikely to work in either.

Hope his helps.

Last edited by MJE60; 11-14-2020 at 06:25 AM..
Appreciate 3
dianebrat109.50
wcs2229170.50