BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) F39 Impossible OIL service reset

01-14-2022, 05:30 AM   #1
slavka90
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 & F30

F39 Impossible OIL service reset

Hello , BMW F39 car arrived from US to EU without DME ecu , the ecu was replaced to EUROPEAN (part number same) . Did reflash and code by VO , Engine starts and runs fine . The problem is impossible to reset oil service (screen shows --/--/--) (before reflash was the same). Checked wiring on oil level sensor in oil pan , and checked sensor for any damage. Any ideas how to sort it out ?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 11:07 AM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Other than saying I wouldn't worry about it... BMW wants to to change it every year or 10,000 miles. I would change it probably twice a year or 5-8K instead. I'm not sure if you have other diagnostic tools/programs for BMW that might work to get to the oil level. I believe tools like bimmerlink will do the maintenance reset, but of course it probably is running off USA DME. I have no idea what difference the European DME would be. Would you be able to swing by your local dealer or person that put in that DME to figure it out?
Appreciate 0