BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Can park assist be added?

01-13-2023, 04:14 PM   #1
WhisperingBomber
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2 xDrive 28i

Can park assist be added?

Greetings; didn't see a way to do an intro post, but here I am...

New to me '18 X2 xDrive 28i in Sunset Orange. Today makes a week, so still full-on new. Came to BMW from MINI, so much of the modes of operation are similar. My previous car, a Clubman, had both the rear view camera and the "sonar," or obstacle warning. It was an executive car, so I don't know that the warning system was available separately from the camera. On the X, it's just the camera. It'll give you a great view of that post right up through impact.

So, my question is whether there's some combination of switch addition and programming that would activate the obstacle warning function. This is a slightly bigger vehicle than the Clubman, so it would be helpful in tight spaces.

As to the intro, forgive my noob questions as they arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 07:54 PM   #2
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

I'm pretty sure the visual radar map and warnings were standard on later years, maybe the '18 was different.

But this is one thing I'd call the BMW Genius hotline for (https://www.bmwusa.com/content/bmwus...rs/genius.html). They have a lot of resources, and are definitely more reliable than some dealers for this kind of info.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 10:37 PM   #3
WhisperingBomber
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2 xDrive 28i

Thanks!
Appreciate 0