BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Multicolor ambient lights installed on my 2017 X1 xDrive28i

03-06-2022, 08:21 AM   #23
ggiovanno
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by marticztn View Post
Hi, I just checked my purchase history on Taobao and it seems like the seller is no longer selling them anymore, not sure why, but if you copy and paste "宝马X1氛围灯" on Taobao, you will find tons of results. Just look for those sellers that have high ratings and sell counts. As for the quality though, all the sellers are basically selling the same stuff, so I don't think there's a much of difference between different sellers. Hope these helps!
i found on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000409993248.html is it the same stuff that you've bought from taobao?

and i also plan to buy these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003483888337.html maybe you also want to try installing this to complete the ambient light setup
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 12:16 PM   #24
marticztn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 xDrive28i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggiovanno View Post
Quote:
Hi, I just checked my purchase history on Taobao and it seems like the seller is no longer selling them anymore, not sure why, but if you copy and paste "宝马X1氛围灯" on Taobao, you will find tons of results. Just look for those sellers that have high ratings and sell counts. As for the quality though, all the sellers are basically selling the same stuff, so I don't think there's a much of difference between different sellers. Hope these helps!
i found on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000409993248.html is it the same stuff that you've bought from taobao?

and i also plan to buy these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003483888337.html maybe you also want to try installing this to complete the ambient light setup
The first link looks very correct, and the product images are strikingly similar to those provided by the merchant I was buying from on Taobao previously. For the second link, yeah it looks pretty cool, but it really comes down to personal preference, I don't really like it to be honest lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 12:20 PM   #25
marticztn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
My car is a 2017 model and it is equipped with the premium package, so ambient lighting is a standard option on my car. Each door contains 2 "light head", and yes those were already there.
hi, how did you remove the light strip from the light head?
i've tried to pull it but no luck, any advice?

these light head are inside the the door panel
Try twisting it and apply some force to pull it (don't do it too hard) should be able to just pull the strip out.

Good thing about the ambient lights the X1 is that we don't need to replace the whole strip, since the light head uses a very strong LED so that light can easily travel through the whole strip.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 07:13 AM   #26
ggiovanno
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Try twisting it and apply some force to pull it (don't do it too hard) should be able to just pull the strip out.

Good thing about the ambient lights the X1 is that we don't need to replace the whole strip, since the light head uses a very strong LED so that light can easily travel through the whole strip.
Noted, Thanks a lot

btw do you mind if you share photos of your idrive ambient color selection?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 10:58 AM   #27
marticztn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Noted, Thanks a lot

btw do you mind if you share photos of your idrive ambient color selection?
It looks like this. All those "Orange/White/White" things are actually mapped to different colors (cyan, green, purple, etc), it's just the iDrive that interpreted them that way. The last color option is a "color cycle" mode, basically it will cycle through all the colors, and you can also adjust the speed of it. Note that "Light Design" is a separate thing from "Ambient Lighting", and the X1 doesn't have this feature built in, so you will have to code it in BimmerCode or whatever (forgot the steps to enable it but just search "BMW Light Design Coding" or something on Google and I'm sure there's a ton). It is actually a feature for the X5 that uses old NBT systems
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-10-2022, 11:35 PM   #28
ggiovanno
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
It looks like this. All those "Orange/White/White" things are actually mapped to different colors (cyan, green, purple, etc), it's just the iDrive that interpreted them that way. The last color option is a "color cycle" mode, basically it will cycle through all the colors, and you can also adjust the speed of it. Note that "Light Design" is a separate thing from "Ambient Lighting", and the X1 doesn't have this feature built in, so you will have to code it in BimmerCode or whatever (forgot the steps to enable it but just search "BMW Light Design Coding" or something on Google and I'm sure there's a ton). It is actually a feature for the X5 that uses old NBT systems
Thanks a lot
i already ordered one from aliexpress.. hope the installation will success.. btw did you remove the battery when install the ambient light?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #29
marticztn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot
i already ordered one from aliexpress.. hope the installation will success.. btw did you remove the battery when install the ambient light?
I didn't
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 02:58 AM   #30
pepe1234
Rep
Drives: X5 G05, X1 F48

Hi i don't like original ambient colors in my wife's f48 (she also prefer blue ) so I was searching and found some cheaper solution here in Poland (maybe its available also in other countries) In Poland it cost around 30$ and you can choose 2 colors (which works with Idrive change without coding) for example probably I would choose blue and cold white 6500k
all you need to change is 2coloured led modules: https://www.wraptunefactory.pl/f30-ambient
Here you can see how it looks: https://www.facebook.com/WrapTuneFac...0517863217981/
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 08:07 AM   #31
SDriver18i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 s18i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe1234 View Post
Hi i don't like original ambient colors in my wife's f48 (she also prefer blue ) so I was searching and found some cheaper solution here in Poland (maybe its available also in other countries) In Poland it cost around 30$ and you can choose 2 colors (which works with Idrive change without coding) for example probably I would choose blue and cold white 6500k
all you need to change is 2coloured led modules: https://www.wraptunefactory.pl/f30-ambient
Here you can see how it looks: https://www.facebook.com/WrapTuneFac...0517863217981/
If you do this, do a guide. I would definitely do this if I see it worth+working!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2022, 11:03 AM   #32
Majed
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1

Hi, has anyone also tried this or anything similar, looks interesting and i am also interested into fitting this in my f48 that has only the orange and white ambient colors
Appreciate 0