X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) poor response

12-06-2023, 12:19 AM   #1
Alank
Rep
Drives: BMW x1

poor response

Hi which is the best forum to use to get answers to questions from a new owner. Didnt seem to get any response to a couple of questions on here
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 01:47 AM   #2
Semi Retired
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d Xline xdrive White

Hi what are your questions, let’s see if we can get a thread going
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 05:33 AM   #3
Alank
Rep

Hi, Just bought an X1 2.0 150hp Diesel S-Drive Auto 2016, which i find very nice to drive, and am still getting used to all the gadgets .
A couple of questions i have if anyone can help.
Upon starting the engine it does like a single jolt/wobble upon starting, is this a characteristic of a BMW Diesel?
When i press the Voice button on the wheel i do not get the chime and speaker logo come up on the screen, nothing. BUT if i have my i phone connected via bluetooth it does chime and logo on screen, but i can only interface with my phone by voice. I was expecting to push the button on the wheel and be able to access the car in a way the i drive dial does.
This is all very new to me, coming from a 2007 Golf. Thanks for any help Alan
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 08:10 AM   #4
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

dude - you posted one day ago your questions. People have lives and not everyone who drives an X1 has the diesel model. Give it some time and people will help out, otherwise, there are plenty of other forums that exists for BMWs and maybe people will respond in 5 seconds to suit your needs.

No need to whine and start a new thread because you didnt get a response in 5 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 03:55 PM   #5
Semi Retired
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d Xline xdrive White

I’ve have had from new a 2016 X1 20d auto xdrive 190bhp. Can’t say that I’ve ever noticed any shudder or adverse vibrations on start up. As the X1 is the entry model of the X range of vehicles may of the features and toys vary to the other different X models and 3&5 series depending on variant and age. Some of the newer model years have lots more features similar to other vehicles across the other ranges. The main issue I have had is connected with the EGR valve which has had numerous modifications and changes all I would say have been covered either under warranty or by recall covers by BM.
These aside and the inconvenience of being off the road for a day (loan car provided) the vehicle I absolutely love, hence why I have still got it 7 years on
Vehicle now at 70k uk miles.
Not sure if this answers all of your concerns but I still love the car
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 06:55 AM   #6
Alank
Rep

Homersbud. Sorry if my incompetance on these forums upset you. Bit of a BMW Forum Virgin.
I see you have one, perhaps you could answer my questions!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 06:58 AM   #7
Alank
Rep

Thanks Semi-retired
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 07:58 AM   #8
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alank View Post
Homersbud. Sorry if my incompetance on these forums upset you. Bit of a BMW Forum Virgin.
I see you have one, perhaps you could answer my questions!!!
i don’t have a disesl model, so any issues i have may be a bit different than yours since mine is regular gas but if you wobbing at startup, check the engine mounts. that is a common problem across the board for this model and usually when the engine mounts start going, there is wobbing during startup but perfectly fine after a few seconds.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 11:17 AM   #9
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Can't say for sure the behavior of your voice control button as there are a lot of differences between countries.

But... on my cars here in USA when you press the button quickly it then allows for voice commands which you need to read your manual to see what they are. But easiest is saying "call XXX mobile" and that'll do. When you hold the button a few seconds longer and it's connected to the phone, it will use the android or siri (ie the phone voice command) which I think is pretty nifty. Still I hardly ever use the voice commands. It will not bring up a visual menu as you were hoping for, but if you were.. then just get used to using the idrive dial. On the 2016 there should be buttons for map, media, phone, main menu emm.. can't remember what else, but those are quick shortcuts. If not you use the wheel to scroll through the menu on the screen and press down on the wheel to select. Takes some getting used to, but after having it in my cars for two decades it all works for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 05:41 AM   #10
Alank
Rep

thanks for replies
Appreciate 0