BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Automatic home lights

08-17-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
mycutout
Registered
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i 2019 LCI

Automatic home lights

Has anyone been able to code the follow me home lights on a F48 2019 LCI so that the lights stay on automatically for x seconds when the car is turned off?

If I pull the high beam lever the lights stay on for x seconds, but I thought it was possible to code so that it happens automatically.

From memory with an older BMW it was something to do with 'heimleuchten' (home glow) but I cannot locate that in my Bimmercode app on the phone in Expert mode.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycutout View Post
Has anyone been able to code the follow me home lights on a F48 2019 LCI so that the lights stay on automatically for x seconds when the car is turned off?

If I pull the high beam lever the lights stay on for x seconds, but I thought it was possible to code so that it happens automatically.

From memory with an older BMW it was something to do with 'heimleuchten' (home glow) but I cannot locate that in my Bimmercode app on the phone in Expert mode.
I spent so much time searching forums and looking through expert mode in BimmerCode to find this option.

I really hope you’re more successful than I was!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
mycutout
Registered
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i 2019 LCI

Out of luck with this one. The official answer from bimmercode -

Hi,
this can not be coded to be activated automatically unfortunately. There is just no coding function to make this work.
Appreciate 0