BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) X1 UK Online Configurator

12-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X1 M Sport 30e

X1 UK Online Configurator

Still not decided which configuration to go for but noticed this evening that the X1 models have now reduced to 3, comprising SE, Sport and XLine petrol 20is.

Where have the 18is and diesels gone - is the X1 range undergoing a revamp??
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
Heathwood
Private
Wales
Rep
Drives: X1 X-Drive 20i Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pganders View Post
Still not decided which configuration to go for but noticed this evening that the X1 models have now reduced to 3, comprising SE, Sport and XLine petrol 20is.

Where have the 18is and diesels gone - is the X1 range undergoing a revamp??
It's really strange. It seems to be diminishing by the day.

Bit frustrating really, mine is on order and I can't see the configuration I ordered, despite being emailed to me by the dealer.

Come on BMW get your act together.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
Heathwood
Private
Wales
Rep

Or you could always try the French one which is behaving in a bit more normal fashion:

https://www.bmw.fr/fr/ssl/configurat...5/F48/esl/new/

Hope you can hack this OK - (English is just badly pronounced French after all!)

Last edited by Heathwood; 12-25-2017 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 04:51 AM   #4
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Yes, iPad doesn’t do too bad a translation��.

Interesting too that the French seem to have a wider selection of engine/transmission options. Maybe that’s what they’re working on for the UK marketbut at this rate they’ll be no X1s left on the Configurator..

Happy Christmas everyone.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 05:34 AM   #5
Heathwood
Private
Wales
Rep

Yes Happy Christmas to everyone.

I'm sure it's a glitch with the configurator rather than an X1 model cull.

I might fire some questions at the BMW genius on Wednesday.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
omariqy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport 2009 (Bus Ed)

There's an issue with the configurator I used car wow or coopers BMW just to see what I could configure and the price.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
djwallace
Moving around
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1

My sister tried to configure and had this problem. We call BMW at they told us it was deliberate! You can still get the diesel models ie, MSport but they took them off the configurator due to the current backlash to diesels right now. Which is stupid given the engine is one of the cleanest diesels around.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 02:04 AM   #8
Heathwood
Private
Wales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwallace View Post
My sister tried to configure and had this problem. We call BMW at they told us it was deliberate! You can still get the diesel models ie, MSport but they took them off the configurator due to the current backlash to diesels right now. Which is stupid given the engine is one of the cleanest diesels around.
Hmm interesting. Seems like an uncharacteristicly timid approach from BMW.

Hasn't put me off from ordering a 18D anyway.

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 07:16 AM   #9
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive20i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwallace View Post
Sounds a bit odd. For a start, the MSport is (?) / was available in petrol as well as diesel. So why pull the petrol MSport ?
      12-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #10
Heathwood
Private
Wales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTracey View Post
Sounds a bit odd. For a start, the MSport is (?) / was available in petrol as well as diesel. So why pull the petrol MSport ?
And why is the 1 series configurator peppered with both diesels and M-Sports??

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #11
fdpxfunix
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

I spoke with an online advisor about 4 weeks ago who said model changes are occurring to the X1, so some have been pulled from the online configurator. You can still order petrol/diesel Msport models in the showroom if required.

Still doesn’t add up though. Why pull just the X1 diesel models or Msport model (if diesel is becoming an issue for BMW) & leave the X3, X4, 1 series etc still available.

It must be a couple of months now since the X1 configurator was changed, so assume the advisor is correct with the model changes.

Very odd.... unless a Hybrid is coming

J.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Coming to BMW from Audi Q3. Ordered X1 xLine 18i with 1.5litre 3 cyl and auto box.
Test drove Sport with same engine/transmission and was quite impressed as it didn’t feel like a 3 pot. Q3 has 1.4tfsi petrol engine and s-tronic box.
Configurator worked ok for the xLine and have a reasonable deal on exchange cost.
Have bought/driven Audi cars for many yrs, but tried new Q5 and not overly impressed and spy shots of Q3 replacement due later 2018 looked like a slightly shrunk Q5! Both sons drive BMWs, (inc one with the new 1.5 three cylinder engine) and they’ve been happy with them.
Waiting for info so that I can track the X1 build online.

Last edited by oakey46; 01-15-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 06:42 AM   #13
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Coming to BMW from Audi Q3. Ordered X1 xLine 18i with 1.5litre 3 cyl and auto box.
Test drove Sport with same engine/transmission and was quite impressed as it didn’t feel lik-e a 3 pot. Q3 has 1.4tfsi petrol engine and s-tronic box.
Hi Oakey - thought I recognized you from the Q3 Owners Club and good to see I'm not the only one thinking of jumping ship.

Like yourself the Q5 doesn't do it for me and I'm not just so sure about the Q3 replacement when it eventually comes. Am also looking at the X1 with the 1.5 engine though still have to get a test drive in one - demonstrators seem hard to track down. I've been offered a test in a 2 Series Active Tourer to get the comparable engine but would prefer to try the actual car I'm thinking of buying - dealer's seeing what he can locate. Am particularly keen to see how it compares in real world against the slightly more powerful Q3 1.4 which I'm sure you know is a gem. Good to hear though that you are happy with the BMW 1.5 3 pot. Actuality had thought of an A4 Avant to get the 1.4 engine again but prefer the Q3/X1 size which is ideal for my needs.

All the best with your X1 and hopefully you won t have too long to wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #14
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pganders View Post
Hi Oakey - thought I recognized you from the Q3 Owners Club and good to see I'm not the only one thinking of jumping ship.

Like yourself the Q5 doesn't do it for me and I'm not just so sure about the Q3 replacement when it eventually comes. Am also looking at the X1 with the 1.5 engine though still have to get a test drive in one - demonstrators seem hard to track down. I've been offered a test in a 2 Series Active Tourer to get the comparable engine but would prefer to try the actual car I'm thinking of buying - dealer's seeing what he can locate. Am particularly keen to see how it compares in real world against the slightly more powerful Q3 1.4 which I'm sure you know is a gem. Good to hear though that you are happy with the BMW 1.5 3 pot. Actuality had thought of an A4 Avant to get the 1.4 engine again but prefer the Q3/X1 size which is ideal for my needs.

All the best with your X1 and hopefully you won t have too long to wait.
Thanks Pganders. Haven't yet been able to get a VIN number (maybe within next couple of weeks), but dealer says poss delivery sometime March, or early April. Hope build checker more reliable than when current Q3 was in assembly phase. Be interested to see if there are any forthcoming changes to X1 as indicated in earlier post on this thread (perhaps to co-incide with 3/18 Geneva Motor Show), but not holding breath on that!
Edit: Just looking at comparisons with the 1.4TFSI, the Q3 is marginally quicker 0-62mph (0.6sec), but the X1 torque is lower at 220nm against 250nm (didn't seem obvious from test drive!). Overall fuel consumption on X1 is lower at combined 53.3mpg against Q3 47.9mpg (UK gallons), both on 18" wheels. In 'real life' my Q3 has an overall average of 40.7mpg over 23K miles. Cylinder on Demand (COD) doesn't seem to have made much difference against my previous pre-facelift Q3 1.4TFSI that didn't have COD.

Last edited by oakey46; 01-16-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #15
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I see from the BNW UK website that all X1 engine versions with exception of the 2.0i petrol have been removed from the online configurator. I cannot see any news/reports of updates, but does anyone have knowledge of what’s happened?
For what it’s worth, the order I placed a couple of weeks ago is, I was told by my dealer this week, due to be built starting from week 9, which is around late February /early March with delivery in the U.K. before end March.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 02:32 AM   #16
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Very strange. Second time that it’s happened now.

Either a gremlin in their big computer that controls their system or there’s some reason that BMW want to restrict the UK market - other markets Configurator appear ok when I last checked.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #17
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

There’s a new online build configurator now that looks far more ‘user friendly’ and, so far as I can see, includes all the UK X1 variants with an update to the ‘Packages’ options.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 03:44 AM   #18
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

At last and it even includes the MSport again. Seems a bit clunky when using with iPad though.

I see the options list now includes a “Model year CO2 Change for £0”?? What the heck is this - I suspect in reality it’s not an option.

Also a new inclusive Package option - “Travel Package Inclusive” which comprises the option of either aluminium or shadow line roof rails, sliding rear bench seat (was this not previously standard?), luggage net and folding tables. Wouldn’t want anything here apart from the sliding rear bench and luggage net. All in all it seems a rather random package.
Appreciate 0