04-04-2024, 09:43 PM   #1
RedWhovian
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i

Garage List
2002 BMW 325i   [0.00]
This car is driving me nuts.

I always wanted to own a BMW. Well finally I got my chance. Albeit it was an old one, a 2002 325i. I test drove the car and everything was pretty good. A week later I finally bought it. I've drove it for about a week and now there's been some problems that I cannot understand. Keep in mind I might like BMW but I'm not technically a car guy. I don't know how to work on cars. So if anybody can please give me any idea about what is going on that would be wonderful. Thank you. Here is a list of what is happening.

From a cold start, I have to hold the key in the on position while the car struggles to start. Once the engine turns over I have to quickly step on the gas to rev it. If I do not do this the car shuts off. If I do do this it starts just fine. This only happens after a cold start.

I've been told that the gas mileage on a BMW is pretty good. That's not the case with mine. I had half a tank yesterday. I drove the two blocks from the gas station to my home. The next morning I drove the 5 mi to work. I was down to almost quarter of a tank. That's way too much gas gone.

Finally. This one is also gas-related. No matter what I do I smell gas. Whether my windows are rolled down to air out or rolled up I smell gasoline as I'm driving. It gives me a headache. It's probably a good thing I do not allow people to smoke cigarettes in my car. I'm afraid we'd blow up.
If anybody can give me any ideas that would be wonderful.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:10 AM   #2
mcarhopeful
Rep
Drives: M340i/Tundra

Sounds like you have a leak or something. Take it to the mechanic.
Appreciate 0