BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) M-sport suspension

12-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
alex4nder
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

M-sport suspension

Hi guys,
I would be happy to hear from M-sport suspension owners their review compared to stock suspension maybe driven in test drive cars. Furthermore, I would like to hear opinions about the AC Schnitzer springs for the X1. The salesman in my dealership told me that it is a great upgrade in terms of handling, so if anyone has ever tried AC springs is welcome to share his experience.
Merry-Xmas to all !!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex4nder
Hi guys,
I would be happy to hear from M-sport suspension owners their review compared to stock suspension maybe driven in test drive cars. Furthermore, I would like to hear opinions about the AC Schnitzer springs for the X1. The salesman in my dealership told me that it is a great upgrade in terms of handling, so if anyone has ever tried AC springs is welcome to share his experience.
Merry-Xmas to all !!
Just picked up an X1. It supposedly has M sport suspension as it is listed on the sticker, but we did not get the M sport package. We didnt pay for it as far as we know, not sure what other package it was included with. That being said. I initially was looking at a stripped version of the car which definitely didnt have it and i found the ride pretty soft and a bit floaty. But the one i ended up getting has a much better feel, stiffer ride (in a good way, not bone jarring), with better road feel. Maybe its just in my head, but I'm very happy with how the car rides, better than the Audi Q3.

I also should mention though that my daily driver is an F80 M3 so Im used to and prefer a bit of a stiffer ride.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 05:08 AM   #3
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodDoc View Post
Just picked up an X1. It supposedly has M sport suspension as it is listed on the sticker, but we did not get the M sport package. We didnt pay for it as far as we know, not sure what other package it was included with. That being said. I initially was looking at a stripped version of the car which definitely didnt have it and i found the ride pretty soft and a bit floaty. But the one i ended up getting has a much better feel, stiffer ride (in a good way, not bone jarring), with better road feel. Maybe its just in my head, but I'm very happy with how the car rides, better than the Audi Q3.

I also should mention though that my daily driver is an F80 M3 so Im used to and prefer a bit of a stiffer ride.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that lower stiffer M Sport suspension replaces the standard suspension in all models sold in the US. Something to do with regulations regarding rollvers I think. In fact, I can't see any suspension related options at all in the US configurator.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that lower stiffer M Sport suspension replaces the standard suspension in all models sold in the US. Something to do with regulations regarding rollvers I think. In fact, I can't see any suspension related options at all in the US configurator.
The US and Canada get the M sport suspension with the X Line model. Don't really know why but it works for me! Nice ride. I'm sure on smoother roads it would be more pleasurable. Our roads here in Quebec are the pits!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodDoc View Post

Thanks. Good to know.
Appreciate 0