BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Anyone actually liking their X2 M35 more with time

11-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #23
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
To be fair, all Bmw have the stupid CarPlay subscription.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 03:29 PM   #24
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
I agree with the lack of blind spot and NO android auto (not everyone rocks an iPhone, but then I will admit to a palm pre and a windows phone too before I went android) I also wanted the heated steering wheel so no ACC, the wheel actually gets a little too warm so I cycle it but wow up here in western NY the last couple of weeks it has been wonderful. Based on another poster's comments about the ACC I am glad I didn't get it . My Wife's CRV has it (along with blind spot) and I don't like it either in her car. It works but doesn't fit my driving style.

Overall I really love the car, perfect no, but the right mix of performance and practicability
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #25
c-m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-m View Post
Faster on the AutoX track, not faster overall. There is a BIG difference. Miatas, 350z and fiesta st are king on the AutoX track.
I was running the stock P Zero tires. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 11:41 PM   #26
Patrick852
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 15 320iED, 18 X2 sDrive20i MSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdandpwr View Post
So I got this car because the reviews were pretty decent and it was a relatively high performance SUV that I could give to the other half when she needs a car and not be embarrassed when I need to drive it.

Coming from an F80, I guess I was expecting too much from this car. So, from the moment I got into it, I was scrutinizing it. With the throttle issue, the uncomfortable seat (I get hip pain), and poor handling dynamics.

However, as time goes on, I found an excellent seating position (albeit very high) that allows me to see out nicely; the car seems to have much more pep; and I've gotten used to the handling and actually prefer the steering over the F80.

So my question to the group is, do you find yourself liking the car more with time? I've found that things usually work in the reverse direction after the honeymoon phase. But I'm really digging this thing. I do think there's still some room to improve the handling but I wonder if that's because I'm on all seasons. The car doesn't feel especially sure-footed
This is funny the attraction of this car goes in reverse direction as you said. I hated it right after I pick it up and get to like it more from time to time. The sports seat hurt my hip too, but after a few months the pain goes away even on long journey. The handling and ride sucks compare to my F30, so I replaced the run-flat with PS4S, it grip nicely and soften on potholes now. Having said that, the centre of gravity is still there on a high ride, shouldn't have ask for too much and not fair to compare with F30.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #27
Rosa's keeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Chevy Bolt, X2 M35i

Just got the X2 back from the shop. I got side swiped on the way to work a couple weeks back, and also had the shop fix the battle scars on the bumper from a "misunderstanding" with the side of the garage door. The X2 hadn't been injury free for quite a awhile, and it looks so good now...I forgot how good it looked. The X2 also saw its first real winter weather today, and it is a beast with snow tires. I'm loving the size, and the practicality is more than enough for me. Now if the aftermarket would hurry up...I'd be even happier.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #28
Rosa's keeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Chevy Bolt, X2 M35i

...and I swear the HK sound system sounds better now too - like it just got broken in.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #29
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa's keeper View Post
...and I swear the HK sound system sounds better now too - like it just got broken in.
Yeah the standard Hi-Fi even sounds better than when I first acquired it. I still think it doesn't feel as planted / sure footed as it should for how low and light weight (for an SUV) it is. The Macan S feels 100x better
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #30
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

The base Macan, not even the S, is $67K built the way my X2 is which retails for $53K.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #31
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa's keeper View Post
I share your opinion. Mine seems to be more dynamic in my X1 as time has passed.