BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 Rear Passenger footwells soaked

04-21-2023, 01:53 PM   #1
LC78
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

F48 Rear Passenger footwells soaked

Hi - hoping that someone can help. I’ve noticed that the rear passenger footwell of my 2016 RHD X1 are regularly wet - and it’s getting quite annoying now. Looking at other posts, this seems to be relatively common. I don’t think that it’s the vapour barrier or seals - at least I’ve thrown a few buckets of water at the door and noticed no ingress. I see that other models have a problem with the gromit that seals where a LDH steering column would be, but have lifted my bonnet and inspected and the X1 doesn’t seem to have the same issue as other models with water pooling around this. I’ve cleaned out all visible debris from the various channels. I don’t have a sun roof. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 05:21 AM   #2
jho0126
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Hi, I had a similar issue but was the front foot wells that were soaked then spread to the rear. Took it to the dealer and discovered it was the ac condensation drainage pipe that was deformed. Had it replaced under warranty and the issue was gone. It’s the part labeled no.9

Not sure how it got damaged since the car was only a few months old at the time
Attached Images

Appreciate 0