BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW X1 Driving Assistant Plus (UK)

02-22-2020, 11:46 AM   #1
bmw1029384
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (2020)

BMW X1 Driving Assistant Plus (UK)

Hello.

I have tried to run this question by BMW and various dealers but to put it simply they don't seem to know anything about the car. I was told that 'Park Assist' on the BMW X1 meant that it has parking sensors... They had no knowledge that it has a semi-autonomous parallel parking ability.

BMW told me Traffic Jam Assist is a more advanced version of Lane Keeping Assistant, which would indicate the BMW X1, which has Traffic Jam Assist would also have Active Lane Keeping Assist. However, the information on BMWs main site does not indicate this. Having completely lost faith in the manufacturer and dealers I am hoping an owner/expert here will know the answer.

The UK BMW comes with an option for Driving Assistant Plus. It states that this includes:

Lane Departure Warning
Front collision warning with brake intervention
High-beam Assistant
Speed Limit Info
Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function
Traffic jam Assist.

I want to know if this also includes Active Lane Keeping Assist?

From what I can piece together Traffic Jam assist keeps you centred in a lane at low speeds (up to 24mph if you can believe the BMW site). If you are at higher speeds the term 'Active Lane Keeping Assist' gets used. Does this mean that for some reason the BMW X1 just stops maintaining your lane position at speeds of over 24mph?

If anyone out there has one of these cars with Driving Assistant Plus, can they please just tell me what it actually does in reality.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 01:09 PM   #2
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

Any help?

https://www.bmwux.com/bmw-performanc...omplete-guide/
      02-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
jsdh89j9ijkL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: motorcycle

Traffic Jam Assist only, ALS up to 30kph Works ok IME. Over 30kph you’re back in control. Also the Active Cruise Control cannot be set above 80mph.
Appreciate 1
X1604M55.50
      03-04-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1029384 View Post
Hello.

I have tried to run this question by BMW and various dealers but to put it simply they don't seem to know anything about the car. I was told that 'Park Assist' on the BMW X1 meant that it has parking sensors... They had no knowledge that it has a semi-autonomous parallel parking ability.

BMW told me Traffic Jam Assist is a more advanced version of Lane Keeping Assistant, which would indicate the BMW X1, which has Traffic Jam Assist would also have Active Lane Keeping Assist. However, the information on BMWs main site does not indicate this. Having completely lost faith in the manufacturer and dealers I am hoping an owner/expert here will know the answer.

The UK BMW comes with an option for Driving Assistant Plus. It states that this includes:

Lane Departure Warning
Front collision warning with brake intervention
High-beam Assistant
Speed Limit Info
Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function
Traffic jam Assist.

I want to know if this also includes Active Lane Keeping Assist?

From what I can piece together Traffic Jam assist keeps you centred in a lane at low speeds (up to 24mph if you can believe the BMW site). If you are at higher speeds the term 'Active Lane Keeping Assist' gets used. Does this mean that for some reason the BMW X1 just stops maintaining your lane position at speeds of over 24mph?

If anyone out there has one of these cars with Driving Assistant Plus, can they please just tell me what it actually does in reality.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Previous reply has probably answered question for you however I provide a link to technical doc on F48 driver assistance
https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...3&d=1443221546

Imho and experience the biggest problem is that BMW use similar terms for very different systems . That is many of the driver aid systems in the x1 are inferior to those higher up the range such as in x3/x5 etc but similar terms are used and consequently some sales staff get confused. Classic example driving assistant in the x1 is not as sophisticated as driver assist systems higher up the range. The x1 only has a single KAFAS camera not the twin arrangement found higher up and it does not have radar for active cruise control and lane management. The parking assistant in x1 does use parking sensors including on side of car as well as internal mounted cameras but lane keeping relies on KAFAS and is therefore limited in sophistication compared to higher models.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-04-2020 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 1