BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Adolfs Revenge.

02-23-2020, 05:10 AM   #1
Bumble
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series. Aiudi Q3

Adolfs Revenge.

Looking at the new X1 in the dealership as I don't fancy replacing the Q3 with Audi's latest manifestation . First thing sit in the drivers seat , geez what have they done ? my 3 series G20 has fantastic seats . This one has cow skin but as tough as a blacksmiths apron and the seat squab ! is far too short, only reaches 2/3 down the thigh muscle and no forward seat extension. Speaking to the sales rep he says yes, but you could go for the sports seats, but I must warn you some find them uncomfortable as the seat back bolsters press the driver in the waist region.
Why when passenger comfort is a priority. Anyone else got thoughts on these seats ?

Last edited by Bumble; 02-23-2020 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 05:29 AM   #2
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

I have the 2018 X line but have Sports seats and Lumber support , and have found them very good. What does surprise me is the seats in my Z3 are so great , and they seem very thin to look at
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 06:46 AM   #3
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

The sport seat back bolsters are electronically adjustable in mine.
      02-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #4
noVuz
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18dX Xline

Honestly, „Adolf“ is your synonym for germans or what is the meaning of this title?!?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 07:36 AM   #5
MtnHank
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 BMW X1 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by noVuz View Post
Honestly, „Adolf“ is your synonym for germans or what is the meaning of this title?!?
My thought also. This a shocking title for a post here.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #6
Bumble
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series. Aiudi Q3

No Adolf is Adolf same as Montezuma is Montezuma.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #7
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
The sport seat back bolsters are electronically adjustable in mine.
Lumber support controlled by circular knob on side of seat.takes a pad up/down in/out
I do think at the cost of these cars it should stndard not an extra.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #8
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
No Adolf is Adolf same as Montezuma is Montezuma.
That does absolutely nothing to clear it up and the thread doesn't involve food or digestion at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #9
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

I find the sports seats very comfy. The standard ones are awful tho, sports seats is a compulsory option.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #10
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
I find the sports seats very comfy. The standard ones are awful tho, sports seats is a compulsory option.
The worst feature, for me, is the pathetic spring loaded lever to adjust the font seat (sports seats) refine angle, which means you have to accept one of the 'preset' positions. My previous Audi cars all had a knurled knob adjuster, which was much easier to use and could be stopped in any position.
Whilst talking about gripes, another is the dreadful interior mirror manual adjuster - a small, smooth surfaced, round knob below the mirror that is almost impossible to turn/use because it's so tight - I hate it! I hadn't realised I had to spec the auto dimming mirror when I bought the car and other manual dipping interior mirrors on pre-history cars had a simple back and fro lever that worked easily. I won't make that mistake again!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #11
noVuz
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18dX Xline

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
The worst feature, for me, is the pathetic spring loaded lever to adjust the font seat (sports seats) refine angle, which means you have to accept one of the 'preset' positions. My previous Audi cars all had a knurled knob adjuster, which was much easier to use and could be stopped in any position.
Whilst talking about gripes, another is the dreadful interior mirror manual adjuster - a small, smooth surfaced, round knob below the mirror that is almost impossible to turn/use because it's so tight - I hate it! I hadn't realised I had to spec the auto dimming mirror when I bought the car and other manual dipping interior mirrors on pre-history cars had a simple back and fro lever that worked easily. I won't make that mistake again!
Full ack. Sadly nowadays many car OEMs think that the lever solution is better than the wheel... luckily I ordered the auto dimming mirrors
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:47 PM   #12
00max00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 - option loaded

Quote:
What spring loaded lever? The sport seats in mine are fully electronically adjustable including power side bolsters.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 06:05 PM   #13
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00max00 View Post
What spring loaded lever? The sport seats in mine are fully electronically adjustable including power side bolsters.
That's probably simply down to the US spec for your car and I wasn't prepared to pay for electric seats as part of an additional package. The lumbar support and side bolsters are electrically operated as standard on UK spec sports seats, together with seat heating, or they were when I ordered mine, so I can't complain about that.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 12:30 AM   #14
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That's probably simply down to the US spec for your car and I wasn't prepared to pay for electric seats as part of an additional package. The lumbar support and side bolsters are electrically operated as standard on UK spec sports seats, together with seat heating, or they were when I ordered mine, so I can't complain about that.
Our is 2 years old next month. Bought used at a few weeks old with 2100 miles on clock from main dealer. It had been ordered as a mobility car but returned to BMW . Dealer bought it at BMW auction. It was not our local dealer (but same company) and the only reason we went 60 miles to look at was because it had Lumber Support, we intended to try it and order a new one , but as it was almost a match for the spec we required we bought it after being offered a good deal(and no waiting) At that time Lumber was not standard on any X1 and was not frequenently fitted as an option.
Appreciate 0