BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Aftermarket Wireless Charger X1 and X2

01-31-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
West17th
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Aftermarket Wireless Charger X1 and X2

I've only had this a few days but it seems excellent and has a decent near-OEM level of quality. Made in Hong Kong and shipped to New York in 11 days. At $75 way cheaper than the BMW item too...

The only small downside is my X2 has USB-C in the center console vs USB-A which is shown in pic. They supply an adapter though.

You can see it and order here. https://www.carqiwireless.com/produc...-bmw-x1-series

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by West17th View Post
At $75 way cheaper than the BMW item too...
Nice find! But I think it's worth mentioning that the BMW option also includes the car being a wifi access point, with an introductory cellular data subscription. I didn't find that useful and skipped the option but this brings it back.

Also nice that it fits securely into the odd shape, and the phone doesn't have to sit inside the armrest like the factory one, where it's super-easy to forget it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
West17th
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
Nice find! But I think it's worth mentioning that the BMW option also includes the car being a wifi access point, with an introductory cellular data subscription. I didn't find that useful and skipped the option but this brings it back.

Also nice that it fits securely into the odd shape, and the phone doesn't have to sit inside the armrest like the factory one, where it's super-easy to forget it.
Yes, I noticed that. It seemed such as weird thing as an add-on given that nearly all phones offer a wi-fi hotspot that (where I am) will soon be 5G.

I can't compare the utility of of sitting in the top armrest of BMW's solution but it's fine just tossing in the bottom of the centre console and, so far it's great, although one does of course lose a little storage space.
Appreciate 0