BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Delivery to Ottawa via BMW Laval?

10-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
meddy86
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Delivery to Ottawa via BMW Laval?

Hello fellow Canadians (and everyone)

I ordered a MY 2018 a couple of weeks ago, and knew which options / color combo I wanted. The dealer in Ottawa found one with my specs that was going to another dealer (not yet sold though obviously), so he got it from the other dealer. At that point the car had just arrived in Halifax. Dealer explained that from Halifax it’ll go on rail to Montreal then truck to Ottawa. With the help of a member I tracked the car to Mtl, and it arrived a couple days ago. Yesterday I checked on the Hansen’s site and it says it’s scheduled to be picked up from CN Montreal Autoramp and delivered to BMW Laval... this seems odd that it wouldn’t come straight to ottawa so I asked my SA and he said that’s where the rail goes to, in Laval. He’s not very clear, but he said it’ll be here soon and there’s not much they can do to speed it up.

Just wondering if anyone in Ottawa has had their car go to the BMW Laval dealership first before coming to the dealership here? Or if it normally goes from Montreal Autoramp straight to the Ottawa dealership? It sounds to me like it was originally headed for BMW Laval, and someone didn’t properly put into the logistics systems that it’s to be redirected here or something...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Maze.

When X4 just had come out, we were a lot of people waiting eagerly for our vehicles.

A lot of people tried to monitor advance of their cars - few succeded.

Transportation is a maze, and I advise you to look the other way and just hope for the best
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 05:41 AM   #3
meddy86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
Maze.

When X4 just had come out, we were a lot of people waiting eagerly for our vehicles.

A lot of people tried to monitor advance of their cars - few succeded.

Transportation is a maze, and I advise you to look the other way and just hope for the best
Yeah you’re absolutely right... it’s just hard lol
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

It's complicated. They often have to wait to fill a whole rail car or truck. You just have to be patient.

What colour/options did you order?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #5
meddy86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
It's complicated. They often have to wait to fill a whole rail car or truck. You just have to be patient.

What colour/options did you order?
Yeah makes sense. Patience it is!

Jet black on black leatherette, premium package enhanced, smartphone connectivity package
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by meddy86 View Post
Yeah makes sense. Patience it is!

Jet black on black leatherette, premium package enhanced, smartphone connectivity package
My wife placed her order a few weeks back as well. Like a kid just before xmas. It's now just the waiting game. She's been bombing around in my F150 in the mean time.
      10-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
meddy86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
My wife placed her order a few weeks back as well. Like a kid just before xmas. It's now just the waiting game. She's been bombing around in my F150 in the mean time.
Awesome, what colors / options?

Turns out that mine went to the original dealership that had ordered it, which my dealer had gotten the car from. So now it’s sitting on their lot til they get it trucked back to here.. resulting in about a week delay all in all. Oh well! Just a matter of time now
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #8
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Shit happens....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #9
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep

Oh, rats, that sucks. I hope you get it soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 04:53 AM   #10
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:

Turns out that mine went to the original dealership that had ordered it, which my dealer had gotten the car from. So now it’s sitting on their lot til they get it trucked back to here.. resulting in about a week delay all in all. Oh well! Just a matter of time now
You'll be whipping around in no time.

My wife ordered white, M package with some other tech package to get blind spot or heads up display. Those package costs always burn my cookies.

in the meantime I've been scouting around looking for any available mods for the F48 chassis. Perhaps a DME flash or other performance tune is in the cards.
      10-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #11
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep

There is no blind spot monitoring for the F48 but the HUD is nice. Pricing in Canada is actually more user friendly than the USA. Base model with just Premium Essentials package is about CAD 44K. Comparably equipped Kia Sportage is 40K.

There isn't much for tuning the F48 but it should get better as BMW and Mini introduce more cars on this platform. To be honest I never felt like the car needed more power, and that's coming from someone who is spoiled by a twinscrew supercharged 3L inline 6.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #12
JLY6878
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Quote:

Congrats on the X1! did you pick it up already?

Our family purchased an 18' X1 as well on Sep 23rd. The car has been sitting in the Halifax Autoport since Sep 19th hopefully it will arrive soon...

Anybody in the same boat waiting for their car? Apparently, the car is stuck in the back of the pack and they need to move all the cars in front to get it. (manufacturer date: 2017-08-19)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #13
meddy86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLY6878 View Post
Congrats on the X1! did you pick it up already?

Our family purchased an 18' X1 as well on Sep 23rd. The car has been sitting in the Halifax Autoport since Sep 19th hopefully it will arrive soon...

Anybody in the same boat waiting for their car? Apparently, the car is stuck in the back of the pack and they need to move all the cars in front to get it. (manufacturer date: 2017-08-19)
Nope! Not yet. Pretty crazy. It arrived at BMW Laval on Oct 4.. sat there til yesterday (oct 17!) that’s exactly 2 weeks! Anyway it’s on its way to Ottawa now, hopefully arriving tomorrow. Hope you don’t have to wait much longer for yours!
Appreciate 0