BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Match Speaker Upgrade

01-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Match Speaker Upgrade

To start, I'm upgrading the HiFi System with the UP 7BMW Amp and the UP W8BMWS Subs.

Next step is the doors;

If I choose to buy the Harman Kardon Door Pods to mount tweeters the fronts will be Match's Component set

UP C42BMW-FRT.2

If I chose to not upgrade the front door frame cover for tweeters, then I will go 2 way Coax in the doors.

UP X48BMW-FRT.2

If I choose to do the rear doors with Match's 2 Way Coax, they will get the same speakers as the front doors.

UP X48BMW-FRT.2

Lastly will be the front dash center channel and the Match unit is

UP X48BMW-CTR.3

Does anyone have a UP 7BMW tuning file for an X1 with Stock HiFi, Sub Upgrade or full upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

"Does anyone have a UP 7BMW tuning file for an X1 with Stock HiFi, Sub Upgrade or full upgrade?"
Cruise over to the Audiotec Fisher website for various 'Sound Setup' files for this unit, keeping in mind that these are ballpark configurations and serve as the basis for further customizing to your personal listening preference. There you will also be able to download the Windows software that you will need to install on your laptop to configure the amp, load the 'Sound Setup' files and access the amps equalizer:
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw

Over at this thread (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1182351) you can download several sound files that have been preconfigured by other owners that work with this amp, as well as a link to the USB drivers that will allow your laptop to communicate with the amp, if needed. Just remember to change the extension (drop the .pdf but leave the .afp in the files name) before loading it into the amp. When you are all done with any reconfiguration, click "Save" in the software.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty View Post
"Does anyone have a UP 7BMW tuning file for an X1 with Stock HiFi, Sub Upgrade or full upgrade?"
Cruise over to the Audiotec Fisher website for various 'Sound Setup' files for this unit, keeping in mind that these are ballpark configurations and serve as the basis for further customizing to your personal listening preference. There you will also be able to download the Windows software that you will need to install on your laptop to configure the amp, load the 'Sound Setup' files and access the amps equalizer:
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw

Over at this thread (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1182351) you can download several sound files that have been preconfigured by other owners that work with this amp, as well as a link to the USB drivers that will allow your laptop to communicate with the amp, if needed. Just remember to change the extension (drop the .pdf but leave the .afp in the files name) before loading it into the amp. When you are all done with any reconfiguration, click "Save" in the software.
Thanks for the link, saw this before.

On the Audiotec Fischer Web site it says the sound files in the sound setup file section for the UP 7BMW says they are for the UP 7BMW ONLY.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ase/soundIndex

Anyone upload the files listed for use in the by PP82DSP or PP 86DSP compatible with the UP 7BMW???
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 12:15 PM   #4
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

I've downloaded, installed and auditioned several of the sound files offered at the f30.bimmerpost.com link that I posted above with great success, keeping in mind that they serve as only the basis or starting point for further customization and matching to/for any additions (powered subwoofer in my case), speaker upgrades or even the stock HiFi speakers. The ones offered from Audiotec-Fisher specifically for the Match7 or the bimmerpost thread can be "plug 'n play", but you are missing out on the customization and/or fine tuning that it still takes for the best audio performance and listening experience from any speaker upgrade or additions (side window tweeter sails or center speaker tweeter addition). The other sound files for different amps at the Audiotec Fisher site are not configured specifically for the acoustics found in the BMW models or are for earlier models of the X1 (E84) and Audi. A good starting point for me was the "All Limousine Models" (Audiotec Fisher) but I finally selected a file from the bimmerpost.com list as my foundation and tweaked it from there.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 12:50 PM   #5
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've downloaded, installed and auditioned several of the sound files offered at the f30.bimmerpost.com link that I posted above with great success, keeping in mind that they serve as only the basis or starting point for further customization and matching to/for any additions (powered subwoofer in my case), speaker upgrades or even the stock HiFi speakers. The ones offered from Audiotec-Fisher specifically for the Match7 or the bimmerpost thread can be "plug 'n play", but you are missing out on the customization and/or fine tuning that it still takes for the best audio performance and listening experience from any speaker upgrade or additions (side window tweeter sails or center speaker tweeter addition). The other sound files for different amps at the Audiotec Fisher site are not configured specifically for the acoustics found in the BMW models or are for earlier models of the X1 (E84) and Audi. A good starting point for me was the "All Limousine Models" (Audiotec Fisher) but I finally selected a file from the bimmerpost.com list as my foundation and tweaked it from there.
Did you by chance post your final tweak back to the forum?

Have you done the door upgrade yet or still running the stock HiFi setup?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 01:43 PM   #6
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=Bcborn59;27174554]Did you by chance post your final tweak back to the forum?

Have you done the door upgrade yet or still running the stock HiFi setup?[/QUOTE

I'm still running the stock HiFi speakers with the addition of a powered subwoofer. The MATCH7 amp really made the stock speakers come alive because of the DSP, individual channel boost and extended equalizer settings available for each channel. When/if I upgrade the stock speakers, I will probably go to a Sound Shop and have them configure everything using a microphone. I didn't post my final tweaked file because the individual channel boost, speaker timing distances to my preferred listening position (centered on the drivers seated position) and equalizer settings only apply to my listening preference. When I carry passengers, I use the balance control on the head unit to enlarge the sound stage (left, right, front, back speakers) and cut down on the bass for their listening pleasure as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #7
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=Ridin'Dirty;27174754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn59 View Post
Did you by chance post your final tweak back to the forum?

Have you done the door upgrade yet or still running the stock HiFi setup?[/QUOTE

I'm still running the stock HiFi speakers with the addition of a powered subwoofer. The MATCH7 amp really made the stock speakers come alive because of the DSP, individual channel boost and extended equalizer settings available for each channel. When/if I upgrade the stock speakers, I will probably go to a Sound Shop and have them configure everything using a microphone. I didn't post my final tweaked file because the individual channel boost, speaker timing distances to my preferred listening position (centered on the drivers seated position) and equalizer settings only apply to my listening preference. When I carry passengers, I use the balance control on the head unit to enlarge the sound stage (left, right, front, back speakers) and cut down on the bass for their listening pleasure as well.
I will let you know how the Match UP W8BMW-S subs work out.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #8
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

When you do the underseat woofers, you don't need to disconnect any wiring related to the seat. Just undo the seats mounting bolts and tip them back to get more working space. Super nice that Audiotec gives you all the DSP settings in their description.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #9
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
When you do the underseat woofers, you don't need to disconnect any wiring related to the seat. Just undo the seats mounting bolts and tip them back to get more working space. Super nice that Audiotec gives you all the DSP settings in their description.
The whole process looks pretty straight forward. The worst part is getting at the negative battery terminal.

Any tips on the interior panel removal for the amp
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 10:04 AM   #10
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The whole process looks pretty straight forward. The worst part is getting at the negative battery terminal.

Any tips on the interior panel removal for the amp
Have a look at this:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Removing Amp Covering Panel_NewTIS.pdf (699.0 KB, 220 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 11:24 AM   #11
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Have a look at this:
NICE, Thank You Very Much.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 12:53 PM   #12
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 xDrive Premium

I’m ordering the BavSound speaker soon!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 01:01 PM   #13
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredro View Post
I’m ordering the BavSound speaker soon!
I didn't go BavSound as I was specifically told by BavSound USA their speakers are not compatible with any Amp upgrade on the X1 whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 01:28 PM   #14
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I didn't go BavSound as I was specifically told by BavSound USA their speakers are not compatible with any Amp upgrade on the X1 whatsoever.
I thought BavSound makes an amp specifically for the x1.....

Interesting
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 01:30 PM   #15
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredro View Post
I thought BavSound makes an amp specifically for the x1.....

Interesting
Nope, not yet. I don't see how it would be any different than their amp for any other BMW.

I read somewhere they lock down the sound file, maybe this is where they have yet to make one for the X1
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 07:37 PM   #16
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep

Match UP 7BMW Amp and Match UP W8BMW-S Subs are done.

Easy Peasy. Definately an improvement, the Amp has yet to be tuned to the car and the Subs broken in.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #17
Fredro
GOLD Member
United_States
Rep

I just finished the install of Bavsound speakers and subwoofers. Even before the break in period, I noticed an immediate improvement! Sounds great so far....
2020 x1 xDrive : Black Sapphire Metallic : Premium Package : Fine Wood Fineline Trim : Sport Seats : Wireless Charging : Trailer Hitch : WeatherTech Floor Lining, Cargo Mat, Bumper XL : Complete Blackout, Full Chrome Delete : BavSound Stage One Speaker & Ghost Subwoofer Upgrade : EuroStart Remote Engine Start : Heko Rain Guards
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #18
Jack Watts
Enlisted Member
Rep

I have a tuning profile for the X1, but I used the Eaton drivers (which are great).

I also have an extra set of new pillars (HK's, without the tweeters) if someone wants to buy them.

For anyone looking at the Match7, it is absolutely worth it.
Appreciate 0