BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Door Pull Strap and Armrest replacement How-to?

01-24-2021, 03:31 PM   #1
The_RealPorthos
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Door Pull Strap and Armrest replacement How-to?

Does anyone have a how-to on replacing the driver and passenger from the door strap and armrest? Both pull straps are melted, and the driver armrest is warped. I have been searching, and I can only find E84 info.
      01-26-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
The_RealPorthos
Rep

Figured out the pull straps. They pop off with an interior puller tool. The armrest, I think, comes off with a screw. Waiting on parts at the moment before I can confirm this.
      01-26-2021, 08:59 PM   #3
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RealPorthos View Post
Figured out the pull straps. They pop off with an interior puller tool. The armrest, I think, comes off with a screw. Waiting on parts at the moment before I can confirm this.
Add pics in case others have the same problem
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 08:10 PM   #4
The_RealPorthos
Rep

For whatever reason, I am not able to upload photos off my phone onto the forum. That is okay because this job is so easy. I think it took me like 15 minutes to do both sides. Definitely not worth the labor at the dealership or anywhere for that matter. The parts you are going to need are 51417417513 and 514 and an interior piece puller.
Start by prying off the old strap off from the bottom toward the armrest. There is a little square piece underneath that is a great starting point. Don't be gentle it takes a tiny bit of effort. Once you have the strap off make sure that you remove the metal clips on the strap and put them back onto the door side, caution look at orientation to make sure you are putting them back in properly. After that, you will take your new strap and push it on the door. It might take a little manipulation but it will go on. Make sure to push it all the way around the outside to make sure it is properly seated. You are now done.
In an attempt to make the new one last longer I put 301 protectants on it to "nourish" the plastic.
Good luck hope this helps.