BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) can't find amplifier! HELP

06-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #23
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Just a suggestion to clean it up and make it more pro, why not pop that panel and tap off the other side of that aux plug that way you don't have dangly wires
The reason for choosing this particular amp and additions is that it wouldn't require splicing into the OEM wiring. Having the male plug of the 12v power cable plugged into the rear power outlet instead of directly wiring allows for a positive electrical disconnect for troubleshooting and later, ease of removal when this SAV is traded. In addition, I wanted the sub wiring to be concealed yet accessible should I wish to move or completely remove the sub when hauling larger cargo or for car maintenance. The audio coax cable from the Match7 amp is concealed by running behind the Left Trunk Trim panel, then passes into and thru the space behind the rear seats to meet up with the Focal sub. The subs 12v power cord on the right side is run similarly like the signal coax; this time running along the seam between the Right Trunk Trim panel and the Trunk Floor Trim panel. This cable is further protected and hidden by the added cargo bay liner as it passes into the same space behind the rear seats, like the subs signal cable. Lastly, a small cargo net secures the Focal sub to prevent movement in case of a driving accident.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #24
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

I did installed the Pioneer tweeters and Pioneer active subwoofer with active cross-over: the link is here: https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1729160
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #25
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorbitman View Post
I did installed the Pioneer tweeters and Pioneer active subwoofer with active cross-over: the link is here: https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1729160
Very clean, professional instalation! Come back and give us a review on those Focal's for the fronts if you install them.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #26
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

Caveat Emptor

S'cuse me while I wipe egg from my face... the Focal BOMBA BP20 powered subwoofer that I added has failed (powers up - no audio output) just two weeks shy of the one year warranty expiration date. Sub was never abused by boosting the bass output or by cranking up gain control and actually not used that much since my X1 isn't my daily driver (Winter). Hoping for a repair or exchange from the Focal authorized vendor.

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 12-05-2020 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #27
Bcborn59
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

The Focal IFBMW-S (Component C/W surface mount Tweeter) I'm told are discontinued.

https://www.focal-america.com/product/ifbmw-s/
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 02:54 PM   #28
Le510roy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I'm installing a revanant amp but for more bass I actually installed a powered 12" sub. It fit under the storage bin in the rear so it is totally hidden. Cost me around $600. I got it from Crutchfield and it is made by JL Audio. ACS112LG-TW1
Appreciate 0