BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Upgrading seats on X1 to electrical seats with memory

06-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
go.ran
Austria
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 xDrive18d M Sport

Upgrading seats on X1 to electrical seats with memory

Hi All,

my X1 M Sport comes with sports manual adjusting seats and I am thinking to upgrade the driver seat to el. adjusted seat.

The reason behind is that I share the car with wife and it is so annoying to adjust the driver seat every time we use the car.

Anyone done this before?
What would be the cost to do this modification (only for driver seat)?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Cheers,
G.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

A member who changed his eats:

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=62
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 05:03 AM   #3
Tom Tallon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 XDRIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by go.ran View Post
Hi All,

my X1 M Sport comes with sports manual adjusting seats and I am thinking to upgrade the driver seat to el. adjusted seat.

The reason behind is that I share the car with wife and it is so annoying to adjust the driver seat every time we use the car.

Anyone done this before?
What would be the cost to do this modification (only for driver seat)?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Cheers,
G.
G.

Cant advise on the technicalities but I have the same problem as you do have. Electric memory seats are the first extra we specify because of joint use of car as driver between wife and me. The genuine BMW facility does include memory wing mirrors as well of couse.

If you can get it done you won't regret it!!

TT
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #4
Boulderguy10
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 (F48)

Has anyone found a pinout for the underseat connector? I've switched to sport seats & need to hack a couple things to shut the computer warning up...
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulderguy10 View Post
Has anyone found a pinout for the underseat connector? I've switched to sport seats & need to hack a couple things to shut the computer warning up...
Thanks!
This site should answer most if not all questions about this swap:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...electric+seats
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:58 AM   #6
link_sy
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulderguy10 View Post
Thanks!
This site should answer most if not all questions about this swap:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...electric+seats
This is no longer valid. Any help would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 04:25 PM   #7
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Hi link_sy
The newtis site was sadly taken down, so you might consider following their link and using a VPN, pay $30 for 24 hr access to BMWusaofficial site and then screen shot all relevant pages relating to electric seating. If I recall correctly you can see all parts for options including the electric seating, you would the get part numbers for repair section Wiring harness, the electric seat frame with motors etc. Realoem does have some info but it is not laid out in an easy format.

The difficult areas you will have are the memory module, airbags as wiring. Many people doing electric seat retrofits in earlier modules simply connected pressure sensors (same for both electric and non and then wired power supply for motors directly to the battery terminal. With more modern cars the task is more difficult due to integration of electronics. Most second hand seats are sold without the airbags (safety reasons) and the wiring harness and connectors in your car will be for manual seat (so pressure sensor and airbag circuits) and will not have extra wires for other functions. You will need wiring diagrams etc. This is a fairly complex and expensive retro-fit.

I recall seeing one detailed post on an f series electric seat retro fit(but not for f48) but cannot recall where. I do recall it involved disassembling seats, swapping airbags, wiring, modifying connectors etc and of course coding.

I think if you want to do this the. You will have to do your own homework and spend money. If you are lucky you may find a second hand electric drivers seat for rhd car but most offerings are lhd and are full interiors, they also often the wrong colour, so buying new seat frames, motor units, switches etc from bmw parts might be needed and will be expensive.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-30-2021 at 12:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 05:46 AM   #8
reg.barry875@gmail.com
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20d

My F48 X1 2.0d has just come out of motorplan and I would like to upgrade the very standard seats. Any guidance on especially the the resetting of the airbag warnings if I get a better set from a scrapped vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 06:46 PM   #9
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg.barry875@gmail.com View Post
My F48 X1 2.0d has just come out of motorplan and I would like to upgrade the very standard seats. Any guidance on especially the the resetting of the airbag warnings if I get a better set from a scrapped vehicle?
This is what I wonder aswell.

Able to get a driver seat from the scrapyard but I have to put in original airbag I guess?
Appreciate 0