BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Dinan Air Box

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2020, 03:49 AM   #1
808X1
Second Lieutenant
57
Rep
218
Posts

Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: HI

iTrader: (0)

Installed Dinan Air Box on my 2017 X1 2.8iDrive. Fit and finishes were good. Instructions were clear with good pics. Partial throttle response is even more responsive now with Evolve Stage 2 Tune. Can't really feel the 5HP/5TQ noted by Dinan, of course

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Ion619
Ion L.
Ion619's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i & 2018 X1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

iTrader: (0)

Dinan airbox looks so good... wish it wasn't too expensive... still need to figure out how to remove OEM intake pipes before thinking of intake options.

Good job on the Dinan
__________________
///Minor Mods///
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
808X1
Second Lieutenant
57
Rep
218
Posts

Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: HI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion619 View Post
Dinan airbox looks so good... wish it wasn't too expensive... still need to figure out how to remove OEM intake pipes before thinking of intake options.

Good job on the Dinan
Thanks . The workmanship is quite good and fit is practically OEM. If you order through Dinan, shipping is free

Why you removing the intake pipes?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
Ion619
Ion L.
Ion619's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i & 2018 X1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808X1 View Post
Thanks . The workmanship is quite good and fit is practically OEM. If you order through Dinan, shipping is free

Why you removing the intake pipes?
I'm trying to install the last of the FTP Kit for the F48. Already installed the Boost + Charge pipe.. just need to install the intake pipe.

I need to understand how the clips works.

I was going to go with the BMS intake (since they are local to me) but since you got one and Proper changed his out for the Dinan intake as well.. The decision process is pretty sold for me...
__________________
///Minor Mods///
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
ventjock
Private First Class
United_States
9
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2016 X1 XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

I got rid of the BMS intake as well, was causing a CEL. Miss the sound though
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #6
Proper
Second Lieutenant
Proper's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: X1 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventjock View Post
I got rid of the BMS intake as well, was causing a CEL. Miss the sound though
I had one CEL after install, that I cleared and went away. I was getting weird idle surges here and there for about the one year I had it. I ended up going with the Dinan intake also. Love it so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:37 PM   #7
Shagohod
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: F48 X1
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proper View Post
I had one CEL after install, that I cleared and went away. I was getting weird idle surges here and there for about the one year I had it. I ended up going with the Dinan intake also. Love it so far.
Might I ask how noticeable the difference is in terms of sound compared to stock? I'm considering getting the Dinan intake as well as their exhaust when it releases. I figure the Dinan intake is the way to go simply because of the proper heat shielding compared to other options, but I'm skeptical as to how much a simple square 12 inch cut can do for sound. Not expecting a major difference mind you, just curious for opinions on what difference there is or may be.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 04:21 PM   #8
Proper
Second Lieutenant
Proper's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: X1 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagohod View Post
Might I ask how noticeable the difference is in terms of sound compared to stock? I'm considering getting the Dinan intake as well as their exhaust when it releases. I figure the Dinan intake is the way to go simply because of the proper heat shielding compared to other options, but I'm skeptical as to how much a simple square 12 inch cut can do for sound. Not expecting a major difference mind you, just curious for opinions on what difference there is or may be.
Itís minimal but noticeable. You get some extra turbo spool noise (more so in cold weather or window down) and some extra blow off noises.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #9
Shagohod
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: F48 X1
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proper View Post
Itís minimal but noticeable. You get some extra turbo spool noise (more so in cold weather or window down) and some extra blow off noises.
Alright that's pretty much what I had figured. I think I can justify it on that basis, it'll make me smile. Also I do a large amount of my driving above 10,000' so I figure any bit of extra air is a good thing. Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST