BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) X1 Tail Lights

10-02-2023, 11:03 AM   #1
GrannyShifter
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

X1 Tail Lights

The LED on the left side inner tail light (the one on the trunk door) has partially died (the top one is working but is dimmer than normal and the bottom one is fully dead). I did a quick Google search and no luck for the X1, they seem to only provide solutions for the X3 as they sell replacement boards on Amazon as it's quite common for the boards to overheat.

My question is, would the X3 replacement board work on the X1? The sellers description only makes mention of X3 models but I was wondering if the X1 and X3 use the same components? If this isn't a possibility, is there any known solution to this issue for the X1? I went to my dealership and they would only sell me a new tail light for $360.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 02:08 AM   #2
ssjr0498
Rep
Drives: x1 xdrive 20d Msport

I had the same problem with mine and I too ordered the x3 board thinking it would be the same. Unfortunately, the x1 tail light has its board placed in such a way that you will have to disassemble the complete unit for that board to come out and even then, the x3 board is slightly bigger in size, so I would suggest you dont waste your time and money on it. Just get a new x1 light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyShifter View Post
The LED on the left side inner tail light (the one on the trunk door) has partially died (the top one is working but is dimmer than normal and the bottom one is fully dead). I did a quick Google search and no luck for the X1, they seem to only provide solutions for the X3 as they sell replacement boards on Amazon as it's quite common for the boards to overheat.

My question is, would the X3 replacement board work on the X1? The sellers description only makes mention of X3 models but I was wondering if the X1 and X3 use the same components? If this isn't a possibility, is there any known solution to this issue for the X1? I went to my dealership and they would only sell me a new tail light for $360.
Appreciate 1