BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2019 F48 engine slight vibration on cold start

08-11-2023, 05:21 AM   #45
saphirschwarz.f48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F48 X1 sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
It is really weird as the X2 20d/20i has the same mount as F48 again... Only those higher output engines have with lower aluminium part
I think it might be torque-related and not horsepower-related, else the 25d would use rubber mount too. maybe for >400Nm they use aluminum version and <400Nm is rubber version? just a little guess though.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 03:14 AM   #46
mrpingu
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrveron View Post
Hi there! In your case, seems like a problem with your brakes, possibly air in the lines or something worse. When was the last time you purge your brakes and changed the brake fluid?

I don't want to scare you, but this could be potentially a life-threatening issue. Please, go to a shop and check it ASAP.
Btw; It was not the brakes, this was sign of bushings in the front end suspension on it's way out
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 12:45 PM   #47
jrveron
Captain
Argentina
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Btw; It was not the brakes, this was sign of bushings in the front end suspension on it's way out
Glad you sorted it out.
      08-26-2023, 05:57 AM   #48
khai37
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW XB7

What kinda vibrations? When I turn on mines my idle seems weak then after the car warms up it dives fine. BMw say it’s a transmission software issue quoted me 350 for the fix.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 07:46 PM   #49
saphirschwarz.f48
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai37 View Post
What kinda vibrations? When I turn on mines my idle seems weak then after the car warms up it dives fine. BMw say it’s a transmission software issue quoted me 350 for the fix.
Physical vibrations… not engine RPMs, but the engine physically moving, making vibration sounds in the engine bay. Some noted in more severe cases are vibration you can feel in the steering wheel. Usually comes from one side of the engine bay-the side that of the engine mount that has worn out.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 07:24 AM   #50
678hug
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 2.0i XLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 678hug View Post
Only had my car 3 weeks. 32k on the clock
My vibration is minor and can be felt in steering wheel and brake pedal when stationary.
Nothing noticeable when moving
Took mine into BMW as it's under warranty. They could feel the minor vibration at cold idle but couldn't find a fault.

Engine mounts ok and auto box interrogation ok.

They agreed there was minor vibration but kept it overnight and compared it when cold to another F48 which they said was similar.

I did see the service bulletin for a gearbox software update but they said i didn't need it. The SB talks about vibration which even causes the car to stall when reverse or drive selected. Mine shows no difference when taken out of neutral and is a long way from that sort of level.

At least i've got it recorded that i brought it in under warranty in case something appears at a later date when it is out of warranty.
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2023, 11:47 PM   #51
saphirschwarz.f48
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 678hug View Post
Took mine into BMW as it's under warranty. They could feel the minor vibration at cold idle but couldn't find a fault.

Engine mounts ok and auto box interrogation ok.

They agreed there was minor vibration but kept it overnight and compared it when cold to another F48 which they said was similar.

I did see the service bulletin for a gearbox software update but they said i didn't need it. The SB talks about vibration which even causes the car to stall when reverse or drive selected. Mine shows no difference when taken out of neutral and is a long way from that sort of level.

At least i've got it recorded that i brought it in under warranty in case something appears at a later date when it is out of warranty.
Keep an eye on it for now then… if you feel it gets worse insist them checking it out. And great you brought it in when it’s still under warranty, you can use it as proof the vibration has been there since but they said it’s normal
Appreciate 0