BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-07-2022, 08:44 AM   #23
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akureyri View Post
2022 is just a few days old. At the moment (can't make guarantees about future) - I just want to ADD the "close trunk with key fob" function. I've read about Bimercode and ESYS and already have a port cable for e90 and sssume it's same for G01. Which method is easiest to add this function? Also, Do I need to do both keys separately or will the head unit coding apply to both keys?

With BimmerCode, it looks like costs are $59 for OBD Adapter and the app is free? Or the app downloads for free but you have to purchase the paid version of app to code? Sorry for amateur questions here. New to coding.
I have used Bimmercode with vLinker ODB to add that feature and others. It applies to both keys (no need to do it twice). You will need to buy the full version of the app.
It's very easy to use as you just follow prompts on your cellphone screen.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 11:12 AM   #24
sbt007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
There is a button on the door to close it? need to check that out. But the key fob definitely does not work. Possibly a safety feature. I don't mind it - in any case I always stand there to open and close it.
Appreciate 0