BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Has anyone been able to order an M Sport with heated steering wheel?

11-16-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Has anyone been able to order an M Sport with heated steering wheel?

Hi all, I've got an M Sport on order for Euro Delivery in December. I've added the Cold Weather package but the dealer says there's apparently no way to add a heated steering wheel to an M Sport X1.

That may be the case, but it doesn't hurt to double-check.

Has anyone been able to add a heated steering wheel to an M Sport X1 build?

Thanks for any info.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

No problem in Germany, so technically its possible.

Might be again some weird decision by BMW NA, like not offering Sport Line in the US.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Can spec it here in the UK too as a stand alone option.
      11-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #4
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySteelRobot View Post
Hi all, I've got an M Sport on order for Euro Delivery in December. I've added the Cold Weather package but the dealer says there's apparently no way to add a heated steering wheel to an M Sport X1.

That may be the case, but it doesn't hurt to double-check.

Has anyone been able to add a heated steering wheel to an M Sport X1 build?

Thanks for any info.
It was dropped fairly recently as an option. The pricing and ordering guides in October listed Heated Steering Wheel as part of the Cold Weather package, but that has since been dropped, leaving the Cold Weather Package as only having heated seats (makes for an odd "package" when there is only one option).

(FWIW, if you ordered ACC + Stop + Go Cruise Control as an option, that would have deleted the heated steering wheel as well regardless. For some reason you couldn't get active cruise control and a heated steering wheel). Now it's a moot point since it's no longer offered at all.

They also dropped 4WG Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Black high-gloss highlight as an M-Sport trim option fairly recently as well. It's in the order guide, but not available if trying to build it at the delaer or online.

The bmwusa.com build your own configurator has the correct option set. The order guides posted online from October are no longer accurate.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

I ordered our M Sport today with the heated wheel, interestingly seeing the post above I noticed in the UK price list I have it is ONLY available with the cruise control options.
      12-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep

The heated steering wheel option is completely gone for the X1 on the "Build Your Own" site at bmwusa.com. The weird thing is I can remember seeing it there a couple of months ago.

And according to the Ordering Guide it should be available. My CA and his sales manager tried to add that option in the BMW USA computer system without success.

BMW USA often seems to have inscrutable reasons for choosing what to offer here. :
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #7
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
They also dropped 4WG Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Black high-gloss highlight as an M-Sport trim option fairly recently as well. It's in the order guide, but not available if trying to build it at the delaer or online.
That's odd.

Mine was ordered with the Hex trim, but with the Estoril blue highlight to match the exterior paint.

If I had any other exterior color I'd probably want the black highlight. Wonder why they removed it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
M3111Z
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySteelRobot View Post
The heated steering wheel option is completely gone for the X1 on the "Build Your Own" site at bmwusa.com. The weird thing is I can remember seeing it there a couple of months ago.

And according to the Ordering Guide it should be available. My CA and his sales manager tried to add that option in the BMW USA computer system without success.

BMW USA often seems to have inscrutable reasons for choosing what to offer here. :
Wow, besides making no sense, that really sucks. My X1 (European Delivery on 11/16) has a heated steering wheel; I'm glad I ordered it as early as I did. I really like having the HSW on my current 335, I use it every day in the cold months here in the Northwest.
Appreciate 0