BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) EXtended instrument cluster

11-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
did75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)

EXtended instrument cluster

Hi

I have a question regarding extended instrument cluster (6wa option from other f generation bmws) and new X1.

At least in Europe (I can't find information for us spec cars) the ways to get this (as its not a standalone option anymore) are:
- with professional navigation (or any package including it)
- with 5AS option code (safety package which includes lane departure warning, pedestrian collision detection, road sign detection...)
- with 5AT option code (advanced safety package aka driving assistant plus) which includes 5AS + acc+ and traffic jam assist

It is clearly stated in the (french) ordering guide that extended cluster comes with 5as (same as for active tourer here). I guess this is regardless of the navigation version being business or professional.

I ordered business nav and 5at but can't find any review so far that confirms this through pictures. Seems like spare parts on realoem seems to confirm my assumption (listing same part for cluster for cars having either pro nav or those options).

Does anyone know about this detail ? It's not a deal breaker but having the extended display on my f20 I really like it and would be happy to keep it once the new car finally arrives :-)

Thanks

Ps : side topic but it seems French spec cars all have 5av "active guard" option that seems to be low speed AEB.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

If you have 5AT you will get the extended cluster, as 5AT includes 5AS.

Its mentioned like this in the german order guide, should be the same for France.

BMW needs the extended cluster to show the Speedlimit info as well as the driving assistants, so with those you always will have the extended version, no need to worry.
Same in the F3x series, with Speedlimit you get the extended cluster (and business nav).
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #3
did75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganxxta View Post
If you have 5AT you will get the extended cluster, as 5AT includes 5AS.

Its mentioned like this in the german order guide, should be the same for France.

BMW needs the extended cluster to show the Speedlimit info as well as the driving assistants, so with those you always will have the extended version, no need to worry.
Same in the F3x series, with Speedlimit you get the extended cluster (and business nav).

Thanks. In addition to your answer, I think this video shows it :

It comes with business nav and 5as
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
did75
Private First Class
Rep

Long story short : got the car today and it does have the extended cluster display.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
bmrman76
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Acura TSX

Garage List
2005 Acura TSX  [0.00]
I selected the Technology, Premium, and Luxury packages for my build, will I have it?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 05:04 AM   #6
sealight
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by did75 View Post
Long story short : got the car today and it does have the extended cluster display.
Congratulations.
How much time did it took from ordering to delivery?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 05:26 AM   #7
did75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealight View Post
Congratulations.
How much time did it took from ordering to delivery?
Almost half a year...

I did order it almost as soon as it was feasible here in France (mid June IIRC), knowing that I would not get it before its actual launch date end of october. Then, add 1,5 month of delay due to "missing parts" shortage and here we are.

But that was worth the wait. I didn't drive it much since delivery, but this week-end will mostly be a test drive ;-)
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by did75 View Post
But that was worth the wait. I didn't drive it much since delivery, but this week-end will mostly be a test drive ;-)
That's great... Enjoy your "test drive", you earned it!
Appreciate 0