BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) F48 AVIN Android Head Unit

09-11-2019, 04:50 PM   #67
mondynet
Rep
Drives: X1

Can you post a link where you guys purchase your AVIN head unit? I am also interested in doing this but I'd like to have Carplay.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #68
rafaelSorel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 116d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondynet View Post
Can you post a link where you guys purchase your AVIN head unit? I am also interested in doing this but I'd like to have Carplay.

Thanks.
Avin headunit comes from avin website, I have ordred mine from aliexpress as I live in europe(customs taxes may be avoided as some buyers have a europeen warehouse), if you are located in USA I think that it is better to order from avin, no taxes needs to be payed though, the screens are pretty the same thing, all are made in china. Some of the screens comes with car play already embedded and some needs an external dongle, but IMHO everything you need is already in the android screen, no need to use car play to mirror your phone each time you drive the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #69
mondynet
Rep
Drives: X1

Hi rafael, thanks for the quick response. I like to use CarPlay so i don't have to fiddle around with the Apps on the unit while driving and just use the iDrive controller. I currently have the small 6.5" screen and have factory back up camera with backup sensors- will everything still work like factory after installing this?

Thanks and I'll check on AVIN's website about ordering. I saw too many options that I didn't know what to order.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:36 AM   #70
rafaelSorel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondynet View Post
Hi rafael, thanks for the quick response. I like to use CarPlay so i don't have to fiddle around with the Apps on the unit while driving and just use the iDrive controller. I currently have the small 6.5" screen and have factory back up camera with backup sensors- will everything still work like factory after installing this?

Thanks and I'll check on AVIN's website about ordering. I saw too many options that I didn't know what to order.
Yes indeed, you will keep all the OEM system like before, and you will have an extra Android system, you will be able to switch between the two systems. You could contact the AVIN support and they will give you the best screen that suits your needs.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #71
link_sy
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelSorel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by link_sy View Post
Hi

Can you share a link to the camera? Does it come with all the cables and everything? I was told there were cheap options just not sure how to make it work? If you could share some external pics too it would be great
The camera comes with everything you need, here is the link to the camera I have ordered:
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32888...27146c37Psty5x

Some external picture of before and after installation:
Thanks a lot...looks great

So this can also be added to the standard 6.5 ENTRYNAV2 screen right?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 02:25 AM   #72
rafaelSorel
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Hello, the camera was designed to be used for android screen 10.25, the OEM screen will not display the camera output, if you want to have a backup camera for the 6.5 inch OEM screen , you need to buy an OEM camera for BMW that costs arround 300 bucks and you need to code your car in order to add the support for the OEM camera, wiring is different as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 04:15 PM   #73
link_sy
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelSorel View Post
Quote:

Hello, the camera was designed to be used for android screen 10.25, the OEM screen will not display the camera output, if you want to have a backup camera for the 6.5 inch OEM screen , you need to buy an OEM camera for BMW that costs arround 300 bucks and you need to code your car in order to add the support for the OEM camera, wiring is different as well.
Thanks. Just wanted to double check
Appreciate 0