BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Production BMW X2 Rendered

12-15-2016, 09:55 AM   #23
KGB_123_99
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 330ix M-Sport, '09 528ix

Good competitor to the Q3.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #24
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Once it has eDrive on both the front and the rear axles (modern xDRIVe) it will handle like a proper BMW, however until that day, your point is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono2112 View Post
I don't know if it's the perspective of the rendering or what, but everything below the belt crease looks big and everything above seems too small. Maybe it will look better in real life. But what about the fwd platform? Even with xdrive, can it successfully handle like a B.M.W? Or will it m.i.n.i. It's way through the curves? Will it be an ultimate driving machine or ultimate parking at the mall machine?

Last edited by ORIGIN M.; 12-15-2016 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
Jono2112156.00
      12-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #25
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Remove the crap black exterior cladding on the wheels wells, please.
      12-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #26
Bucki14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Lotus Evora 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNightKitchen View Post
I agree somewhat, but anything looks better when the headlights don't connect to the grille
First thing I said to myself....Yes, the lights don't touch the grill!

Instagram: boostedtrav_
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 07:33 PM   #27
Jono2112
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Once it has eDrive on both the front and the rear axles (modern xDRIVe) it will handle like a proper BMW, however until that day, your point is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono2112 View Post
I don't know if it's the perspective of the rendering or what, but everything below the belt crease looks big and everything above seems too small. Maybe it will look better in real life. But what about the fwd platform? Even with xdrive, can it successfully handle like a B.M.W? Or will it m.i.n.i. It's way through the curves? Will it be an ultimate driving machine or ultimate parking at the mall machine?
I took another look at the spy photos of the X2 and it's not the perspective. The car has a big body and a small greenhouse. Maybe it will look better proportioned when the camouflage is gone. Good to know about the planned electric assist and potential handling improvements.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 11:09 AM   #28
Majec9-7
Enlisted Member
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: '07 E87 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
The UKL platform should've been a Mini perhaps, or a subrand on it's own.
Abso-fucking-lutely! In order to appease the fans BMW just had to make a subbrand/subsidiary of BMW like Nissan did with Infiniti for example.

And what is the reason BMW did not do this?

Because they damn well know that the 2 series and X1 would not sell if there was no roundel on the front to make the people who just want the logo and don't care for everything else as long as they show off their "wealth".

Sure they could say they didn't want to spend money creating a new brand with the costs that come along.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #29
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Yup! BMW tries to do everything for everyone nowadays...
Except for its historical small sedan owners.

Also, got an in person look at the Audi rs6 wagon today (I'm in Dubai) beautiful car. I wish more US drivers would buy wagons to support the market or that regulations at least allow individual imports.

We'd likely have two new bmws. M2 sedan and 535 it.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #30
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majec9-7 View Post
Abso-fucking-lutely! In order to appease the fans BMW just had to make a subbrand/subsidiary of BMW like Nissan did with Infiniti for example.

And what is the reason BMW did not do this?

Because they damn well know that the 2 series and X1 would not sell if there was no roundel on the front to make the people who just want the logo and don't care for everything else as long as they show off their "wealth".

Sure they could say they didn't want to spend money creating a new brand with the costs that come along.
Its not about spending money. You need time to establish a new brand. The market is huge and the competition great there is no time to do so. But the arrival of cars on the UKL platform has been hugely successful. The 2er Active Tourer/Gran Tourer are the best selling 2er models globally with month by month increases and the X1 is back to being the best selling compact SUV in its segment.
The MINI Clubman is also a huge seller as is expected the all new MINI Countryman to be. More importantly we are tracking a huge projection for the China only 1er Sedan. Built especially for a market were compact cars are booming and for a brand that is adored by a youthful and younger demographic.